Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
335 Posts
So do we all. But why should tens of thousands more people die just because you're missing your fix of pretty girls with nice legs?
Because it's a fake pandemic. With a 99% recovery rate. It is easily treatable with hydroxychloroquine - dispite the Luciferian press reporting otherwise. Pneumonia and traditional Influenza kill more. Drunk Driving kills more. The numbers you are looking at, CDC, WHO, are wrong. They are lying to you. They are over-infalted numbers. Medical practitioners receive $13,000 for positive diagnosed patients, $39,000 if respirator treament is administered - from the Government. That's a Financial Conflict of Interest. Everything is being labled COVID regardles of underlying symptom. You have zero concrete proof those diagnoses are verified. If you want your life to be governed by fear and panic have at it but, don't let it interfere with the life, liberty, and happiness of others who don't believe in this fake pandemic.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I follow with attention the evolution of the pandemic, looking in particular to the data shown on the site worldometers

What is puzzling me is the low percentage of recovered people in the USA, even now that the new cases are quickly slowing down, the number of active cases do not decrease, because apparently very few recover.

For example today I see for USA 1,881,482 total cases, of which only 646,260 recovered, that is about 30%.
For comparison in Italy over 233,515 total cases there are 160,092 recovered, 68%, Canada 54%,Brazil and India about 50%, let alone Germany with 167,300 recovered over 184,091 total cases, 90%!

How comes? US citizens do not recover, for some strange reason? Or the recovery are not recorded?

In the state of New York the number of daily new cases has dropped dramatically, from a peak value of more 11,000 in April, 15, to about 1000 yesterday, more than a tenfold decrease, however the number of total cases is still rising, because apparently people do not recover!
There is any explanation, from whom is living on place the experience, for this anomaly?
I think it's simply that the peak rate of infection for the USA is several weeks behind that in Europe.
It's a very good question.

What Kiwi said can be a factor. But more importantly, "recovery from Covid-19" lacks a uniform and concrete definition. There are countries judge it by time of onset and last symptoms. In lots of countries, patients need to have two negative tests 24 hours apart with no symptoms to be considered recovered. Still in some other countries, it takes three negative tests to be cleared. And even within a nation, standards of recovery vary among states, such the U.S.
So take the stats with a grain of salt.
(should be discussed in non-tennis forum. sorry.)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
So do we all. But why should tens of thousands more people die just because you're missing your fix of pretty girls with nice legs?

Stop it with the phony morality already. While you sit comfortably in rich New Zealand, the lockdown measures that you propagandize at every turn have ruined the lives of hundreds of millions of people in poor countries. Before it's all said and done the death toll from the economic effects will easily be in the millions. Your hypocrisy - and even more so, the sheer vanity with which you parade around this place - are nauseating.

·
Registered
7,443 Posts
We forget that poor countries are certainly more worried about the economical effects of covid than by covid itself. In Europe and America it will be hard, but in Africa and parts of South America and Asia it will mean plain hunger, not just losing your job and getting the dole, which is already bad enough. It's a very difficult situation with no black or white answers. And national health systems also need a working economy to function. It's not that we can stay home until there's a vaccine so we can all be healthy and that's that. European countries, where the situation is more or less (depending on the country) under control, are rushing to open up their economies because they know the consequences of a long lockdown are going to be massive. Even the grossly incompetent ones like the spanish one, who in other and happier circumstances would be busy meeting venezuelan or cuban functionaries undercover to close their shady deals, are rushing to open up activities as much as they can, bactracking on their previous statements to the contrary. The countries that will get better out of this crisis will be the ones with the means, foresight and more civic societies to follow the social distancing rules when going out to work or shopping or to a resturant or whatever, and find the right balance between health and economy. Right now there's no option to pick one over the other, not in the long term. We need both.The lockdown was necessary, but now it's gotta be both health and economy together, and assuming there will be steps forward and backward

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
The thread title is a bit misleading since it's far from definite this will happen.
I could drop dead. YOU did not just fucking say this 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Stop it with the phony morality already. While you sit comfortably in rich New Zealand, the lockdown measures that you propagandize at every turn have ruined the lives of hundreds of millions of people in poor countries. Before it's all said and done the death toll from the economic effects will easily be in the millions.
Once again, you take one answer of mine and extrapolate it into the stratosphere. I'm not talking about poor countries here - I'm simply responding to ONE poster who is complaining that he can't see his favourite players on TV. He doesn't give a flying fuck about the health OR economy of any country, including his own - he simply wants to see tennis on TV.

Your hypocrisy - and even more so, the sheer vanity with which you parade around this place - are nauseating.
How am I being hypocritical when I respond to ONE person who obviously doesn't care what happens to a vast number of people in the richest country on earth? He's the one being hypocritical - not me.

As for vanity - show me some examples.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Because it's a fake pandemic. With a 99% recovery rate. It is easily treatable with hydroxychloroquine - dispite the Luciferian press reporting otherwise. Pneumonia and traditional Influenza kill more. Drunk Driving kills more. The numbers you are looking at, CDC, WHO, are wrong. They are lying to you. They are over-infalted numbers. Medical practitioners receive $13,000 for positive diagnosed patients, $39,000 if respirator treament is administered - from the Government. That's a Financial Conflict of Interest. Everything is being labled COVID regardles of underlying symptom. You have zero concrete proof those diagnoses are verified. If you want your life to be governed by fear and panic have at it but, don't let it interfere with the life, liberty, and happiness of others who don't believe in this fake pandemic.
I really don't think that there is ANY suitable response to this.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Oh, screw off with this shameful rhetoric already. Tens of thousands of people are going to die because of a couple tennis tournaments, an activity that isn't particularly high in terms of COVID risk in the first instance, being held under the most rigorously safe conditions including them being quarantined from the rest of society and tested regularly? The vast majority of people who will be back to work at the time will be working under far less safe conditions and in jobs that are much more inherently risky than playing tennis.
I'm assuming that English isn't your first language, because you seem to have a certain lack of comprehension for what I actually wrote. I never said anything about people dying because of a couple of tennis tournaments. Refer to this poster's EARLIER submission, and my respose to that, and you might have a better idea of the context concerning THIS repsonse of mine.

Not to mention that at this moment there are protests going on with people huddled together in the hundreds shouting their lungs out, the highest risk activity imaginable at the moment, and you're on here worried about a goddamned empty tennis court with 5 people on it who have all been quarantined and tested to oblivion causing 'tens of thousands of deaths'? Again, screw off.
I totally agree with the first part of this statement but, again, read ALL the relevant posts before you get on your high horse (as I've been told to do in the past as well).

·
Registered
22,105 Posts
I could drop dead. YOU did not just fucking say this 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I fail to see how this comment is relevant since the article says it's only a possibility and not a certainty.

EDIT: You said you were high around the time you posted another thread, which is corresponding with the time of this post, so ignore this.

·
Registered
22,105 Posts
Here is what it does: It gets the players to NY, they have 2 events
It gives the USTA a prep tournament to see how their protocal is working. To see if players have complaints they can help with before the major
It seems like a good decision. Of course, we still need to see all the exos these next 2 months and then Citi Open in DC. By then the players not in the US should be on their way, if things continue going well
Here's what it does: It satisfies your narrative since everything you've said on the issue is wrong and you've avoided certain aspects of it.

·
Registered
113,600 Posts
Everything I said is that I think having 2 more majors this year is possible
I dont know how things will continue, but it seems both USTA & FFT are still planning to have them
NBA already announced their comeback date
But I understand nothing is certain and I've said all along, no absolutes. We watch and see

Reactions: larryd

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,538 Posts
Stop it with the phony morality already. While you sit comfortably in rich New Zealand, the lockdown measures that you propagandize at every turn have ruined the lives of hundreds of millions of people in poor countries. Before it's all said and done the death toll from the economic effects will easily be in the millions. Your hypocrisy - and even more so, the sheer vanity with which you parade around this place - are nauseating.
Thing is, you destroy the economy just as badly, or worse, if you don't lockdown. A government can keep everything open. But if the virus runs rampant, no one will feel safe to do the things that keep the economy working. Right now if sports events were open to the public, it would remain questionable if people would attend in places where the virus is still very active. A government can choose to lockdown or not lockdown. But they can't choose to not lockdown and simply hope that the public will carry on as normal. Reality is, if the public do not feel safe they will lockdown for themselves whether they are told to or not.

Look at Sweden. Sweden didn't lockdown. Their neighbours Norway and Finland did. Sweden's death toll was around 6 times those of their nordic neighbours. Presently Finland and Norway have almost eradicated the virus in their countries thanks to a strong well managed and successful lockdown and consequently they are now confidently and safely coming out of lockdown. Sweden on the other hand has failed to get the virus under control and so people there feel much less safe. So whether they have lockdown or not, shops in Sweden are not going to do as well as shops in Finland. As for the damage Covid 19 has done for the economy...Sweden has been as badly hurt as their nordic neighbours. But they have nothing to show for their decision to not lockdown except a lot more people dying and and while Norway and Finland can more forward in confidence, Sweden continues to struggle.

This is an example of how Sweden's decison not to lockdown has damaged them. Holland has just reopened their borders to the rest of Europe. But they have, quite sensibly, refused entry by those from Sweden or the UK since those two countries continue to carry the Covid-19 virus to level that Holland, justifiably, considers unsafe.

The idea that not locking down is going to save a country's economy is delusion. Quite simply it won't work. If people don't feel safe the economy will take a hit whether it is locked down or not. And if the virus is allowed to spread unhindered then cases will multiply exponentially, and when that happens businesses can't continue to run profitably whether or not the Government gives them the permission to do so, since people will chose on their own to stay at home and businesses will be unable to make a profit. Think about it. Try running a pub if the public are too scared to go outside. Running a business when your clientele is reduced to a small fraction of what it used to be is simply not viable.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
The sole Reason the USTA may have to move Cincinnati to the BJK in New York is because Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, who is a Republican btw doesn't want any Big Gatherings in his State until August 31st.

The same case is for the Mubadela Silicon Valley Classic in San Jose scheduled for August 3-9. I don't think that's going to happen in CA either. If the USTA wants it to happen they have to move it elsewhere just like with Cincy given Governor Newsom doesn't want any gatherings either until August 31 I am hearing.

I told everyone here on TF months, months ago at the heat of the pandemic that the USTA, WTA and ATP would be having no say in this if Events can go forward or not.

The Final Decisions will ultimativly rest on the Local Regional State Governments and in this particular case the Governors and Mayors.

For Cincy and US Open to go forward at the BJK the USTA needs a Green Light from Mayor Bill De Blasio and Governor Andrew Cuomo and their Health Department Officials and at the moment I am still sceptical De Blasio & Cuomo and their Officials give the USTA their Approval.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,538 Posts
The sole Reason the USTA may have to move Cincinnati to the BJK in New York is because Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, who is a Republican btw doesn't want any Big Gatherings in his State until August 31st.

The same case is for the Mubadela Silicon Valley Classic in San Jose scheduled for August 3-9. I don't think that's going to happen in CA either. If the USTA wants it to happen they have to move it elsewhere just like with Cincy given Governor Newsom doesn't want any gatherings either until August 31 I am hearing.

I told everyone here on TF months, months ago at the heat of the pandemic that the USTA, WTA and ATP would be having no say in this if Events can go forward or not.

The Final Decisions will ultimativly rest on the Local Regional State Governments and in this particular case the Governors and Mayors.

For Cincy and US Open to go forward at the BJK the USTA needs a Green Light from Mayor Bill De Blasio and Governor Andrew Cuomo and their Health Department Officials and at the moment I am still sceptical De Blasio & Cuomo and their Officials give the USTA their Approval.
Or alternatively, De Blasio, Cuomo and their officials will give the USTA their approval to put the tournament on but only with a set of restrictions and requirements that in effect make the tournament either financially unviable or logistically impossible or perhaps both. My gut feeling is that this is the most likely scenario as it lifts the liability for the event's cancellation from De Blasio and Cuomo's responsibility.

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Or alternatively, De Blasio, Cuomo and their officials will give the USTA their approval to put the tournament on but only with a set of restrictions and requirements that in effect make the tournament either financially unviable or logistically impossible or perhaps both. My gut feeling is that this is the most likely scenario as it lifts the liability for the event's cancellation from De Blasio and Cuomo's responsibility.
Cuomo has already allowed pro sports to come back in NY without fan .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35,813 Posts
Cuomo has already allowed pro sports to come back in NY without fan .
He hasn't approved it just yet. He said that teams can hold their training camps in New York, but most of them never did in the first place. New York's two NFL teams train in New Jersey and their two MLB teams train in Florida. Their NBA team trains an hour outside of NYC. It's also a different approval because all of those players are based in New York, while the US Open would involve bringing in players from about 50 different countries.

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
In the state of New York the number of daily new cases has dropped dramatically, from a peak value of more 11,000 in April, 15, to about 1000 yesterday, more than a tenfold decrease, however the number of total cases is still rising, because apparently people do not recover!
There is any explanation, from whom is living on place the experience, for this anomaly?
They could also just not be reporting them. If you look at the various state websites detailing covid stats, you're not seeing recovery numbers—just infections and deaths.

NY:

NJ: New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub

CA: COVID-19

It could be because we're still supposed to be in lockdown so people are just staying home and not necessarily reporting that they've recovered from the virus. But obviously, if someone dies from the virus, there's no easy to just hide that.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts