Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2D7773DE-C699-4B1B-A5C6-94F3838A2A90_1565829056210.jpeg

The order of play dumping the world no. 1 (naomi osaka) to court 10 over the likes gasquet/schwartzman and medvedev/struff.
Even nishioka/de minaur has a better court.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I'm more annoyed at the Kenin Svitolina rematch being on at not before 2am UK. Probably the match I'm most interested in and the one time I can't watch. Looks like the likes of Poots vs Kuz, and Plisk vs her opponent will be the matches on at prime time here (8/9pm) which kind of sucks as well. Hoping Stephens can come through here or I'll be more tempted by the ATPs offering, which would be very rare for me

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looking at the men's matches is pointless. If they wanted Osaka on one of the three main courts, it would be a women's match moved not a men's. The match that looks out of place to me is the Pliskova Peterson one. Pliskova is ranked and seeded lower than Osaka and Peterson is a qualifier. You would expect the Osaka match to be better viewing, and I would have thought Osaka would draw more of a crowd than Pliskova.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Ppl always got something to say bout Venus but you see where she at in the OOP tomorrow

You still got the Top 4 ranked players, all 3 of this year's Slam winners, & even the Wimbledon Winner, Halep playing an American but they still put Vee on before Fed as the ESPN matches!

And that's being ranked outside the Top 60. Bar Serena, Venus is still the biggest draw in the women's game.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Maybe Osaka's team requested it, instead of a late night spot given to Svitolina vs Kenin. Nice and intimate court for both SW and Naomi to shine.

·
Registered
30,762 Posts
What moron made this schedule? Not only is it whack af to have the world number one on Court 10, but Su-Wei is a player that the WTA should SERIOUSLY be promoting, because her game is possibly the most fun to watch of anyone on tour and she is totally the type of player who could bring in new fans. But instead they're promoting a bikini model eating peaches :help:.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Court 10 is like the WTA court, several matches there on Wednesday as well. Only the true fans show up.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,393 Posts
I'm not one to usually complain about the schedule but putting a world #1 on court 10 is a really weird decision.
Yeah, same here, I am one that normally defends scheduling decisions, if anything. But putting Osaka v Hsieh on court 10 is absolutely nuts. You have the most entertaining player in the game up against the world number one. This is a match that screams centre court as loudly as a Concorde jet. At the very least this belonged on one of Cincy's three stadium courts. That this match is on court 10 is a decision that simply can not in any sort of rational way be justified.

Definitely the most glaring and embarrassing court placement decision of the the year, and it's not close.

This is the strangest scheduling decision of the year, did someone make a typo to put world #1 and reigning USO winner in the parking lot :help:
Well said.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
There was some strange scheduling last year too, but some of that I could understand with all the rain delays, but this is just weird, like someone forgot Osaka had a match too and the scheduling was already made for the bigger courts so they quickly threw her where they still had some room. And if that's the case then... DAMN you some stupid organizers!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts