Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
42,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That first set was Venus being really slow,

Then for the 4th time in a Venus match this year a spectator fainted, hopefully not to serious,

Venus then had a coffee and was a different player, serving bombs going toe to toe with Vekic and Venus was dropshotting so well!

Onwards :) great week for Venus

Donna :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52,365 Posts
Vee: nicely done! :yeah:

Nice to see little sis there to cheer you on! :hearts:

Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
841 Posts
Queenus!

Recovered so well after coffee in the first set. Held her nerve, served well, and avoided her typical-of-late runs of unforced errors in the second and third sets.

Venus is thirty effing nine and is grinding out tough three set wins against players in their 20s.

Praying for Keys to red-line and beat Halep, because as much as I love Venus, she ain't beating Halep....

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
BIG win for V.

She showed that her measured, careful technique still holds power, at the time when one would least expect.

Her movement was GREAT, for her age.

She truly relied upon her stroke production for this. Cracking some classic forehands.

Serve?

Well, up and down, but still a wonder to behold when she’s really feeling it.

I hope she wins this whole thing.

Love Vee.

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
So happy that Venus got through this :cheer:
Her coach is doing a really good job. Since she's hampered by injuries most of the time it's good to see she's finally adjusting her game more than before.
She wasn't as good as against Kiki but as the match went on she did a great job to make Vekic look like the slower and one dimensional player.
Great to see she's also able to serve some bombs again if she really needs to.
Too bad she'll probably await her nemesis Halep next. :eek:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
As much as I like her, top 30 players have no business losing to 40 year old Venus.

She was even moving better than Donna as the match went on... :facepalm:

·
Registered
32,005 Posts
The moment you realize your fav is more washed-up than a 39 year old. :sad:

Reactions: WhistleCleaner

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yay for Venus ?? Finally some wibs in a row!

But no to the coffee "doping" (ok now kill me)

·
Registered
34,182 Posts
Another spectator fainted :spit:?

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,192 Posts
Venus actually wasn't too bad in the 1st, considering how poor her starts usually are these days. :lol:

Nice to see her looking healthy again.... or about as healthy as we can realistically hope to see her. Hopefully she can maintain it.

Looks like a completely different player from the Gauff/BMS losses. Hitting cleanly and confidently again. Seems like she's finally adjusting to her modified racket.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts