Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Maybe Keys turned a corner mentally with this match. She wasted so many opportunities yet didn't give up. She could be dangerous in USO.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Cincinnati 3R Keys def. Halep 6-1, 3-6, 7-5

Simona is struggling physically but all credit to Maddie. She was clutch tonight and even if Simo was 100% , I think Maddie would have won anyway. First time Simo is out of the Cincy tournament before QF. Better luck in the US open hopefully.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Keys is such a mental midget. I feel bad for her fans. They must have to check their blood pressure all the time watching her. She was playing phenomenal otherwise that it did not deserve this dramatic scoreline. Should have won in 2 sets but now go lay in your walking bye casket for the next round against Venus.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Maddy:woohoo: people were talking so much shit about her last week:facepalm:

should be SF here now ,surely no way she can lose to Venus now;)

·
Registered
37,350 Posts
Yassss

Should've probably been 6-1 3-6 6-1 but whatever. :lol:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Maddie's played the best she has all year in this tournament imo, even better than Charleston. Her first win over Simona in 5 years was well deserved, I think she's the favorite against Venus tomorrow and a contender for the USO if the draw falls her way.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Keys is such a mental midget. I feel bad for her fans. They must have to check their blood pressure all the time watching her. She was playing phenomenal otherwise that it did not deserve this dramatic scoreline. Should have won in 2 sets but now go lay in your walking bye casket for the next round against Venus.

Lol, she won.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Simona is struggling physically but all credit to Maddie. She was clutch tonight and even if Simo was 100% , I think Maddie would have won anyway. First time Simo is out of the Cincy tournament before QF. Better luck in the US open hopefully

·
Registered
52,285 Posts
Keys is so tough to watch... at times, outplayed Halep only to resort to brainless tactics... :eek:h:
Nice win, nonetheless!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Maddie's played the best she has all year in this tournament imo, even better than Charleston. Her first win over Simona in 5 years was well deserved, I think she's the favorite against Venus tomorrow and a contender for the USO if the draw falls her way.

Keys equation:

Grand slam champion talent - mental midget = Journey Woman.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Strange collapse from Halep in the final game when she had 40-0 lead to get to a tiebreak and test baseballer Keys' nerves. Having said that, Simona actually was lucky to get that far as she was 0-3 and 0-40 down in the 3rd earlier and Keys also wasted one match point at 5-4. Halep got over half of her points with Keys' unforced errors including 25/36 in the only set she won and total 58 freebies but what is new?

·
Registered
30,804 Posts
Well done Mads, not capitulating after those lost opportunities. :yeah:

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Madison overcome a lot of mental monkeys tonight particularly after having lost 5 Times in a row to Halep.

Would love to see an Osaka vs Keys Rematch here in the Semis.

·
Premium Member
27,086 Posts
Madison :worship:

What a glorious result... always good when the power player beats the counter puncher or whatever

If only Keys could play more like this more weeks in the year :sobbing:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts