Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,150 Posts
Kenin was much more effective and Elina much more hazardous. Elina's not in bad form, but there are a few things to fix again.

I still enjoy the way Elina played, though, despite the misses, she improvises a lot, never knows what shot she'll make next, and that's entertaining.

But it's time to win, now. :eek:h:

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I still enjoy the way Elina played, though, despite the misses, she improvises a lot, never knows what shot she'll make next, and that's entertaining.
Yes you do, she always goes down the middle. I swear, you watch imaginary matches :spit:

Elina came into this match with no tactical changes from her last match against Kenin. Time to switch coach because she has lost belief.

Kenin is a great player, striking the right balance between offence and defence effortlessly.

·
Premium Member
44,150 Posts
Yes you do, she always goes down the middle. I swear, you watch imaginary matches :spit:

Elina came into this match with no tactical changes from her last match against Kenin. Time to switch coach because she has lost belief.

Kenin has a great player, striking the right balance between offence and defence effortlessly.
We never see the same match and you know what? That's good news to me :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Watching Kenin is like watching Tennis in fast forward, I've never seen a player march round court so quick and bounce the balls so fast :lol:

I didn't like her antics in the Acapulco final earlier this year but she's grown on me since then. Her business like attitude is refreshing to see, you have someone like Sloane earlier who looks like she can't be arsed, few hours later Sofia comes along, determined as ever and loves competing. She is an incredible fighter who has given many of the top players real battles this season, coming out on top in quite a few of them, another win tonight against Svitolina for example.

A match with Osaka next, that has potential to be fun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kenin clapping Svitolina in a row. When she wins against an opponent first time, yeah maybe you can say she got lucky. But twice in a row? Hmm...I'm gonna say she's at least doing something right and her gameplay and tactics are countering Svitolina's play style pretty well.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Two weeks in a row :spit: Kenin is rising quickly, her game is more solid and aggressive. Basiclina looks to be settling into a career as a 11-20th ranked player, which is about where she will be ranked when those WTA Finals points come off.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts

Kenin is a great player, striking the right balance between offence and defence effortlessly.
EXACTLY!!! Lolololol.
It’s like... what?! Basiclina does what Basiclina does.

Kenin continues her amazing year... just so solid!
Interesting matchup with Naomi next :)

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Sophia Kenin took a page out of Andreescu's playbook and mixed it up well with good dropshots, highballs, and set up the FH winners. Svitolina had her chances but couldn't win any of Kenin's long service games.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Beats Svitolina two weeks in a row... Now will face world number 1 two weeks in a row...

This week that a different player though ?

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
Her mental game is getting here there but she needs to develop a lot more game wise.

Fitness wise I see a big opportunity for improvement and the serve for sure.

Reactions: Matmagix

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
Not been a great year for Svitolina at all. She might not even be able to qualify for the year end finals, in which case good bye 1500 points! :surprise:

·
Registered
21,228 Posts
Not been a great year for Svitolina at all. She might not even be able to qualify for the year end finals, in which case good bye 1500 points! :surprise:
well her Wimbledon SF will keep her afloat for now. Who knows what would have happened if Gasparyan didn't get injured.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts