Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karo :worship:

Not the best match, but her oponnent was really tenacius, was quite impressed with her.

In the end, I think, the Challenge by Karo at 5-5 40-A breakpoint for Peterson won her the match. :eek:h:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
This was pure labor at times for Karo. She started out really well and pulled 3-0 ahead pretty quickly, and then suddenly she completely lost her footing. But Peterson was playing really well, she had patches where she was making literally zero UEs, and hitting some great angles/winners on top of that. I think Karo, in the end, did really well to close this out in two.

I'd wish to see less "freaking out" next time though, it was like she suddenly turned into Alexandrova and being in the lead was causing her physical pain lol

Agree that the goat challenge at 5-5 when Becca had a BP on Karo's serve (and it was thought she actually broke Karo for a sec) turned that match around for KaPlis :lol: it was pretty funny, she didn't even think it was actually out (she went to sit down), but challenged just because. It turned out to be a pretty tight "out" ball, getting them back to deuce and Karo held :lol:

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
karo not willing to tank in dubs, now is in the semis over a decent clash with the #3-pairing alongside her sis... :unsure:

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Low key is Karo the new Davenport of our generation?

Laser ground strokes, slothy movement, a consistent top 5 player usually making dee runs but not crossing the big finish lines too much?

·
Registered
44,861 Posts
Karo :worship: :inlove: Doing well to fend off chances of her opponents this far. :) Peterson has played some outstanding tennis so far so this was always going to be tough, but she held on and came through. :worship:

·
Premium Member
44,184 Posts
You can't deny Pliskova is a consistent top player. She fails in the latest stages so far, but always reach them. She may miss the last step (until she does not, and that wouldn't be surprising, just looking for a deeper breath), but stands well above the first ones.

Such stability is to be considered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts