Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Donna dominated this match most of the time....no change since their previous match in San Jose 12 days ago...

·
Premium Member
44,184 Posts
So we already know that Vika needs to avoid Donna and Simona at the USO.

·
18,345 Posts
Donna. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Another straight sets beatdown over Vika, who should just go back to looking after her baby because this tennis thing just isn't working for her. :bigwave:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
GJ Donna.Chance for a deep run here.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
And most of the tour :SNE:

Anyways, what a solid year Donna has been having!
I would not go that far.

And about 25 other players
Now this is closer to the truth.

Vika will still beat most of the top 100 girls on just about any day on hard, but there are a bunch who happen to simply be nightmare matchups for her.

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
Vekic played better than expected.

Was quite bad vs Kuznetsova last week.

What happened to the Wim Fissette miracle coach myth?

Last chance at the USO now to salvage her season

·
Registered
12,677 Posts
:( :sad: :(
Vika and Maria will both lose to the first decent opponent these days :shrug:

Good for Donna.

·
Registered
9,326 Posts
I'm glad I decided to watch Barty-Sharapova instead.

Vika is just bland as wet lettuce at the moment. Offense is not strong enough and defense is too slow. Serve is nothing. She's basically a journeywoman now with a good BH and ROS. Time to hit the gym in the off-season.

·
Registered
12,256 Posts
Well, at least Vika is having some success in doubles with Barty.. Maybe if she just keeps up with that, soon the singles success will follow. She has had some good wins this year, although has never been able to maintain consistently good form.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I thought her problems were mental? :eek:h: It’s sad that she is so outclassed by even mediocre players like Garcia and Vekic. Her game is just nonexistent - she has the offence of a mediocre counter puncher and the movement of a mediocre big hitter.

I hope she continues to stick around though - the bookies continue to price her as the player she used to be.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Good win for Donna, solid form except the part in the second set when she lost focus.
Luckily Azarenka was not good enough to punish it.
Excellent chance for both Donna and Venus to go far here.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Vekic played better than expected.

Was quite bad vs Kuznetsova last week.

What happened to the Wim Fissette miracle coach myth?

Last chance at the USO now to salvage her season
Lmao she's not doing anything at the US Open. Vika will have great chances to salvage her season this fall but with her wannabe-WW attitude she will probably just quit playing.

Amazing that Vika's clay season has been better than her hard season so far :facepalm:.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts