Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another one! :p

Iga led *5-2 in the first and kinda lost herself in CC BH defensive grinding. But she always looked like the more mature and better player. Also rolling 1st her serves in most of the time, and still getting 8 aces :yeah:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Garcia continues to disappoint. Must be pretty disheartening to be leapfrogged by the younger guard like this, as well.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Very good match by Iga except for the mid part of the 2nd set.

The other thing is Garcia stated playing much better in that period but then completely imploded since the TB.

At the end of the day Iga was a much better player and won deservedly.

Now hopefully a match vs Angie and another great win!

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
IGAAAAAAAAAA :inlove:

Fantastic!!!! :drive: Polish no.1 through to next round :clap2:

Reactions: Nole Fan and jcon86

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
I didn't watch it but well done Iga!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Really nice play from Iga, apart from mid set no1.

This win should give her even more self-confidence.

Hope she plays Angie next.

·
Premium Member
20,446 Posts
Well done, Iga! :)

·
Registered
18,137 Posts
Well done Iga!
TOP50 debut next week hopefully now :)
Hope for the best in US Swing and probably she can score her first WTA tournament win in Asia :) and maybe finish like top30 for the end of the season.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am sorry to say this, because I really like her, but if Garcia continues down this road her career is done. She simply refuses (for some reason) to get rid of her father as her coach who is obviously not helping her to improve her game. Maybe, although it was vile and utterly disrespectful to Caroline to state it publicly, there was some truth in what Mladenovic said about Garcia being completely dominated by him. She is perhaps not assertive enough to stand up for herself and change what needs to be changed. It could be misguided psychological interpretation on my part, but continuing like this will bring her nothing and she will end up being remembered as the player who fluked the Asian double in 2017 and did barely anything afterwards. And that would be sad, at least in my view.

Anyway, great win for Iga!

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Iga ♥

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I am sorry to say this, because I really like her, but if Garcia continues down this road her career is done. She simply refuses (for some reason) to get rid of her father as her coach who is obviously not helping her to improve her game. Maybe, although it was vile and utterly disrespectful to Caroline to state it publicly, there was some truth in what Mladenovic said about Garcia being completely dominated by him. She is perhaps not assertive enough to stand up for herself and change what needs to be changed. It could be misguided psychological interpretation on my part, but continuing like this will bring her nothing and she will end up being remembered as the player who fluked the Asian double in 2017 and did barely anything afterwards. And that would be sad, at least in my view.

Anyway, great win for Iga!
I agree. Garcia is totally delusional, though.

This ad is from 3 months ago and here she calls out critics who tell her to sack her father and get a real team:

Reactions: Veertig-nul
1 - 20 of 41 Posts