38,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Next stop: Wuhan.

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
Re: Cincinnati R2: Kontaveit def. (13) Kerber 7-6 6-1

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Anett is so sweet and likable... this other girl..... is not.

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Re: Cincinnati R1: Kontaveit def. (13) Kerber 7-6(7) 6-1

Kinda okay 2nd set from Anett but everything else about this match was just horribad. Angie needs to beg Torben to come back.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts

Angie's game has completely collapsed since Eastbourne, where she played probably her best tennis this year. Incredible. She didn't even try in the second set, similarly to last week against Kasatkina from the moment it became competitive. Just bashes the ball without interest all over the court, with UFEs everywhere. Is she still trying to overcome her Wimbledon loss? She needs a wake-up call, and quickly. 2017 vibes all over again...

·

6-2 in the 2nd set not 6-1 but wow what a nasty attitude from Kerber. Just coasted through the first set and after she lost that she didn't look like she gave AF. So embarrassing to see from a former multi-GS champion. It really puts 2016 into perspective IMO.

·
Let's have a kiki!
102,623 Posts

First set was only close because Kontaveit was missing every 2nd regular shot.
Angie's serve was dreadful in the first 4 service games, after that still normal bad level.

Kinda interesting that out of nowhere, Angie started to care from 6-7 0-4 and played her best tennis. Still, unlucky, with some lucky shots by Kontaveit in the end.

Ah, Angie had SP in the TB, where she didn't go for the passing shot winner, instead just played on Kontaveit who volleyed it into the corner :hysteric:

At this point, Angie needs wins and confidence because her tennis is still there...in patches...but oh boy, her serve and her lack of grumpyness doesn't make me that optimistic for the USO :tears:

·
Registered
23,301 Posts

it's a premier only, so why would she care anyway. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

What the hell happened to Kerber? I guess it really is an up year and a down year with her. So the hope is she'll be back to 2016 and 2018 Kerber in 2020.

·
Registered
88,365 Posts

Kerber " I need no coach" with another dissapointing result :help:

·
Registered
12,727 Posts

Angie :help: :help: :eek:
2017 vibes :scared:

·
Registered
707 Posts

Isn't she due a 'fall cometh' thread? Obviously fake coach Shitler was not the problem, her lack of game was. Always has been.

·
Registered
37,938 Posts

It really smelled like more Kontaveit bagels for Kerber at 4-0 in the second but Angie started to try and Anett wasn’t really playing that well in the first place. It’s so weird to me that Kerber has lost all her motivation, I thought after the lesson of 2017 and the comeback in 2018 she would have a better perspective on the court. She may as well retire if she really cares as little as she seems to.

Swiatek next for Kontaveit will be so tough, her draw here is very rough.

·
Registered
88,365 Posts

Isn't she due a 'fall cometh' thread? Obviously fake coach Shitler was not the problem, her lack of game was. Always has been.
He was the worst decision..boring and not inspiring..complete useless

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Re: Cincinnati R2: Kontaveit def. (13) Kerber 7-6 6-1

Has anyone worked why she can't win one of these events?
Could it be that one match every day makes it tough for her maintaining her level. She did maintain her level at many Slams and also this year at IW where it's one match every other day like at Slams.
I know she won many Titles, but at PM/P5 there are more players giving everything they have.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts