Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two hard hitters blasting away at each other in a very close match, with Kenin winning over Goerges 6-4,7-6 (8-6).
It was 6-6 in the tie break and Kenin won the last two points.
This was a no pusher match, with a lot of winners (wish I had the winner/UFE stats).
Goerges hit 10 aces but 6 of those were neutralised by DFs, for +4 service winners.
Kenin had 2 aces but 9 DFs (!!!) for -7 service winners.
Kenin was a little more consistent than Goerges, and that was the difference.
Because of her compact body type, Kenin can get very low to make her shots.
-
Kenin next meets Diyas. No H2H, but this should be an easy win for Kenin.

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
I thought Georges had a chance in the second set, even in the tie-break, but Kenin is persistent. What the WTA needs.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Calling Kenin hard hitter, and especially putting it in the same sentence with Jule, is either trolling, drunk posting, lack of knowledge or something else dumb.

·
Registered
44,800 Posts
Julia :eek: :hug: But her form seems to start picking up again. :)

Sofia :yeah: Her year has been absolutely incredible up until this point. Such a steady improvement and consequent rise in the rankings. Very good to see.

·
Registered
23,253 Posts
Calling Kenin hard hitter, and especially putting it in the same sentence with Jule, is either trolling, drunk posting, lack of knowledge or something else dumb.
exactly as kenin knows how to construct a point with aggression rather than just bash the ball hard. :lol:

Reactions: Javi

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
Sofia!! Persistent and consistent 2019!
What a breakout year she is having. Her court awareness is out of this world. Not the hardest hitter out there, but she sees the court, and can see where the winner goes. I still cannot believe this is the same player from juniors!!! My God.. she was a pusher of utmost proportion, these improvements have just been phenomenal.

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Julia Gorgeous makes too many silly Unforced Errors. That's why she is having hard time breaking through. Not every ball needs to be hit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts