Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kasatkina is starting to play better this summer after a very slow start to 2019. Led 51 in the tiebreak and it got wild

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Her ground game looks ok, if a bit passive.

Serve is still horrible. Keys will make mincemeat of it.

Not really a great match since Strycova is totally dominated in this match up. But she’ll take confidence from it at the very least.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Dasha is the epitome of not being able to perform under the weight of expectations. Either that or she's easily satisfied and lazy.

Her career so far is a roller coaster. She can only play well when everyone forgets she exists, then when people start paying attention to her she flops hard. Rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
16,729 Posts
I watched this match. I don't see how Kasatkina can beat a decent player. all she does is push the balls up and deep, hoping her opponent will try to hit winners and miss.
I don't understand why Strycova was staying back trying to out-push the pusher. Strycova plays better when she "lives" at the net. Curiously, she rarely elects to play that beautiful game. This match was hers to win. Too many floating balls she could have put away if she was sprinting forward.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Barbie must have been ill to lose to this basic scrub :help:

Reactions: danieln1

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Kasatkina got fitter so she can grind those wins when the opponent can't hit through her or deal with those high ball so you can call that improvement.

But she's just pushing the ball with depth and high and doesn't try to create anything, I think she didn't hit one dropshot in that match.:eek:

I have so low expectation for her,she 's ranked 73th now at Shenzhen live ranking so I just hope that she will be able to grind some wins like today to be able to play the main draw at the OA series.

Dasha's first serve was like what 70mph? In the the middle of the court. She has no chance against anyone decent.
She started with 3DF so it was NID that from there she will push her serve , she won a 4th round at at a slam with that serve.:eek:h:
It was a total mess and all over the place today,once bounce before the net, another in the middle of the wrong box,another ou of the court, she was hitting DF but at least she was creative on those DF.:worship:

Reactions: Absolute10

·
Registered
12,738 Posts
Keys to make her a pigeon today with those serves.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Barbie really should have won that 2nd set but was choking like crazy. :sad: Was up 5-2, and at about a million times was only two points away (as well as having SP of her own that she hit a lucky netcord on and STILL lost the point). She even saved 6 match points in the TB! To bring up the 7th one, Kasatkina got a lucky netcord (the ball was sailing way out before it clipped the tape :hysteric:), and a frustrated Barbie threw in another DF.

Seemed kind of low energy (by her standards) though and wasn't attacking the net enough until it was too late. Might take her a little while to 'start her engine' again after her grass season heroics (more mentally than physically).

Kasatkina never really felt in charge, but was better in the longer rallies than she has been this year. Which isn't saying much but if she's going to be a pusher then it's good to actually keep the error count low I guess. :lol: Madison is going to TREE off those serves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts