1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Come on real ninja ♥

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I know Wang's had a tough time recently and that's her first match since Wimbledon, where she said she might not have played had it not have been a slam, but that really was horrific. I tuned in at 4-3 first set and it was just error after error, some very erratic. Does anyone have the UE stats?

I think Wang is entered into the Bronx next week, which will be handy as she'll need the extra match practice heading into the US Open.

Well done to Hsieh though.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
feels like Wang has been "strangely" ranked top 20 for a loong time now, but then i remember she only broke through last fall and barely has any points to defend (until this fall).

whatever glad Hsieh got through.

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
I wasn't watching (will catch a replay), but that's 3 wins over Wang in a row! :worship: She needed to start picking up singles wins. I want her in form before the US Open where she isn't defending much. :)

I don't mean this to sound shady but it always feels strange when they're playing each other that Q.Wang is the (higher/) seeded one. She seems to struggle against all the junk.

·
Registered
14,958 Posts
Only watched the first two games where both brokr to love. I figured Su Wri would probably win ad Wang would be rusty and just dealt with the Death of her long time coach.

·
Registered
44,860 Posts
Su-Wei :bounce:

Qiang :hug: Really struggling to find any form this year. I think the death of her former coach and his illness before that may affect her. Hopefully she will overcome all of this.

·
Registered
That Woman
4,653 Posts
feels like Wang has been "strangely" ranked top 20 for a loong time now, but then i remember she only broke through last fall and barely has any points to defend (until this fall).
Well, sort of. She dropped 280ish points from Nanchang in July, but yes, almost all of her points come in September and October.

She had an injury and I'm a bit more forgiving given what we now know about her coach passing away, but she thoroughly has not proved she can play at the level she did last fall outside of China specifically, Asia more generally. She's barely top 50 in the race, and ~100 of those points came from that Miami walkover against Serena.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts