Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
So close to the warm up calendar grand slam! Better luck next year Karo.

Well done Sveta!

·
Registered
81,303 Posts
R.i.P . WTA

No handshake from robot for Cicak :eek:

·
Registered
52,285 Posts
Huge win for Sveta :yeah:

The Russian was classy at the net; her opponent, not so much... :eek:h:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I left the match when it was 3-1 in the 3rd set for Svetlana. Good to see her clinching the win :D. Karolina was serving for the match in the 2nd set and it looked like a cetain victory for her at this point ...

Chapeau bas! It is already a huge result for a veteran.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
We stan! What a great attitude she had in this match even when she was on the brink of defeat. Just like her positivity against Sevastova and Yastremska when her back was against the wall (and also in her routining of Sloane)... maybe they should have blocked her visa years ago! :eek: Dead @ her shading them for doing that in her interview.

She looks super fresh too, I guess that's the benefit of not playing many matches this year.

SF against Barty.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I had a bad feeling about this match for a while :lol: good to know my instincts are good and well

Karo really got screwed over by her dubs campaign, not sure what she was thinking. That sis needs the money? :eek: she looked super out of breath ever since the second set and couldn't hold it together in the end to serve it out (Muchová flashback much?)

Probably just as well though, people wouldn't be happy anyway. Either she's lame for not using this draw, or for peaking before slam, so... :lol:

Big, big congrats to Sveta, who has played really well (and came back so many times) this tournament :cheer:

·
Registered
52,186 Posts
:lol: who would have thought we'd see Kuzzie in Cinci SF this year ?

congrats on the hard work :yeah:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ridiculous loss for Pliskova. If you know you've got nothing in the tank for a third set, you need to pull the trigger. At 30-30 all on 5-4 she approached the net and hit her approach shot right back at Kuznetsova while there was an open court. Inexcusable and it's those kind of decisions that stop her from being a slam contender.

Delighted for Sveta even if the semi will likely be her finish, but it's a shame to see her win the match in this way and I'm surprised she allowed Karo to hold three times in the third. Still, she's back inside the top 100 which is a huge accomplishment.

·
Registered
15,886 Posts
You going to have to play Qualies from now on

Sveta' hell no I am not' :lol:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts