Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope she will be fine. Won second set with such dominance and then injured herself during her serve game in second set:frown2: CLearly wasnt able to move when came back to serve
wish she had taken that sitter at bp in first set but anyways i hope she gets fine. congo to kenin
even her team carried her bags in the end. I hope its not that scary. I am feeling bad for her

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Re: kenin beats naomi 64 16 20

Naomi was playing well. If the injury isn't too bad she looks good for the US Open.

Congrats Kenin! :cheer:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I hope Naomi is okay. I like that she breadsticked Sonya in that 2nd set.

I don't like Sofia as her game is basic but kudos to her mental strength to hang on.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Wow you were in a real rush to make this eye sore of a results thread...

“First is the worst, second is the best”

·
Registered
52,285 Posts
This doesn't look good for the US Open championship defence. :scared:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hope Naomi is okay. I like that she breadsticked Sonya in that 2nd set.

I don't like Sofia as her game is basic but kudos to her mental strength to hang on.
I can’t say I agree. The girl has tons of good things in her game. Basic is Svitolina or Wozniacki or Stephens.

·
Registered
50,637 Posts
Kenin upsets another world #1 ! :lol: :worship: :)

She will be in Top 20 on Monday ! Deserved :yeah:
And in YEC Race Kenin is already the #13 :hehehe:

Bye Osaka. I hope the nice Barty will soon be the new #1.
I think Barty must reach the final (beat Kuz) and then she is #1 again :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Not a fan, but that has to be very concerning for her and her team going into NY. I don't expect that it will be anything too serious. Hopefully Naomi will be ok and ready to go for NY

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Kenin’s game isn’t basic. Nor is Sloane’s. :facepalm:

Basic is Svitolina who has only one style of play. She can’t change the rhythm of the rally and is incapable of hitting down the line. Aside from her first serve, she is also usually unable to end points quickly. She needs about 5-6 shots before she is willing to take any risk in her ground strokes.

Kenin has great cc & dtl shots and is decent on the run. She generally strikes a good balance of defence and offence. She is hitting more than her fair share of winners. She can hold her own against nearly all styles of play.

·
Registered
12,717 Posts
Poor Naomi. Terrible timing to have an injury. I hope it's nothing serious and she will be ok for the USO.

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Not a fan, but that has to be very concerning for her and her team going into NY. I don't expect that it will be anything too serious. Hopefully Naomi will be ok and ready to go for NY
What's most concerning is that she couldn't carry her own bags back to the Locker Room. Abdul Sillah had to do it. I'm sure she'll get an MRI. If something is partially torn no way is she going to play the USO.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Bad time to grab an injury, a week before the US Open. I can totally see Venus getting through Kenin if she can get through Keys. If not we might be in for a Barty Kenin final. Now I don't know about you lot but I'm stanning HARD for a Svetlana Venus final so we can party like it's 2004 or something (the last time these two were in a final together, more than 15 years ago).

1 - 20 of 73 Posts