Tennis Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
What about Hantuchova ?

Did she jump the queue too? (now that we know the country allows its medical personnel to game the system and save the acouple of vaxxes for their friends and acquaintances.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Why are we shaming people for taking the vaccine? The goal is for (mostly) everyone to get vaccinated anyway. Also, by getting vaccinated, she is not just protecting herself but other people too. The onus is not on her if she is offered the vaccine. If there are vulnerable people not getting vaccinated that is on the countries government, not people who take the vaccine offered to them.

People get shamed for taking the vaccine. People get shamed for not taking the vaccine. What happened to being kind and compassionate towards each other? We heading down a slipery slope towards a scary new world it seems.

·
Registered
47,517 Posts
Why are we shaming people for taking the vaccine? The goal is for (mostly) everyone to get vaccinated anyway. Also, by getting vaccinated, she is not just protecting herself but other people too. The onus is not on her if she is offered the vaccine. If there are vulnerable people not getting vaccinated that is on the countries government, not people who take the vaccine offered to them.

People get shamed for taking the vaccine. People get shamed for not taking the vaccine. What happened to being kind and compassionate towards each other? We heading down a slipery slope towards a scary new world it seems.
In the US, and I'm pretty safely assuming the rest of the world, there is an order in which you should get the vaccine. Medical professionals first, elderly/high risk next, and so on. Young, healthy people shouldn't be jumping the line. Probably why she's apologizing.

·
Registered
20,143 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I believe Hantuchova lives in Italy.
I don't agree with what she has done but I do think it can be useful using 'celebrities' in this way, to encourage others to get the vaccine. In the UK I am only aware of celebs who are older (and so entitled anyway) getting it and it being reported in the media but I expect there will be some queue jumping here too

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Same thing happened with Cepelova but she hasn't apologized yet and is getting slammed by the media.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Interesting that depending on the country, the reaction is polar opposite. Out here there is a group that is arguing that politicians should take the vaccine first instead of using the others as a test subject. Not much trust in politicians claiming they are safe, and the argument is that if you truly believe it is safe, take them first. They are not anti-vax because these people are all willing to get the second batch, but just doesn't want to be the first batch in the country.

My friend who is a nurse was complaining how unfair it was that because she works in medical field, she is forced to be one of the first group to take the vaccine and be a lab rat.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Interesting that depending on the country, the reaction is polar opposite. Out here there is a group that is arguing that politicians should take the vaccine first instead of using the others as a test subject. Not much trust in politicians claiming they are safe, and the argument is that if you truly believe it is safe, take them first. They are not anti-vax because these people are all willing to get the second batch, but just doesn't want to be the first batch in the country.

My friend who is a nurse was complaining how unfair it was that because she works in medical field, she is forced to be one of the first group to take the vaccine and be a lab rat.
Same here, even the politicians don't want. People are arguing that they are the first to get corrupt tenders, scholarship for their kids, so they might as well get the vaccine. The list is health workers, elderly and vulnerable groups with comorbidities. Noone wants and they are supposed to start at the end of January.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts