Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, another Hingis thread to get us all excited.
Drum roll please: It looks like Hingis will have her first seeding for Indian Wells (estimated right now between 30 and 32).

She will be so thrilled!

note: If this does not excite you, please move on with your day so we can keep the energy positive. Taking the time to say "oh gosh - another Hingis thread" really seems strange if you really don't care. Unless you secretly care, and this is some misdirected feeling that you need to take a closer look at ;).

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Marti! :D Phew, this should guarantee some nice points, and with the top 8 seeds I'm not too afraid of her meeting someone she cant beat. :D

·
Banned
9,423 Posts
Ryan, what Top 8 seeds do you think she can handle? I was thinking Sharapova, but Sharapova is tough at Indian Wells and she'd have confidence from last week...

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
GPlayer21 said:
Ryan, what Top 8 seeds do you think she can handle? I was thinking Sharapova, but Sharapova is tough at Indian Wells and she'd have confidence from last week...
top 8 seeds dont mean much at IW
about half of top 20 aren't playing.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
cool. :smoke:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
That's good news for Hingis. And hopefully she'll draw a beatable TOP8 (really, TOP5-8)

BTW, who will be the top seeds at Indian Wells?

1. Davenport
2. Henin-Hardenne
3. Sharapova
4. Pierce
5. Dementieva
6. Petrova
7. Schiavone
8. Myskina

Is that it?

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
46,207 Posts
that's not such a great news as she'all have to face one of the top 4 seeds in the third round, but still a first seeded tourny after only 2 months is just wonderful :worship:

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
DannerCal said:
Yes, another Hingis thread to get us all excited.
Drum roll please: It looks like Hingis will have her first seeding for Indian Wells (estimated right now between 30 and 32).

She will be so thrilled!

note: If this does not excite you, please move on with your day so we can keep the energy positive. Taking the time to say "oh gosh - another Hingis thread" really seems strange if you really don't care. Unless you secretly care, and this is some misdirected feeling that you need to take a closer look at ;).

You should have said also in the thread title that Martina is seeded and Serena is not :p

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
lucashg said:
That's good news for Hingis. And hopefully she'll draw a beatable TOP8 (really, TOP5-8)

BTW, who will be the top seeds at Indian Wells?

1. Davenport
2. Henin-Hardenne
3. Sharapova
4. Pierce
5. Dementieva
6. Petrova
7. Schiavone
8. Myskina

Is that it?
1-Davenport
2-Henin-Hardenne
3-Sharapova
4-Pierce
5-Dementieva
6-Myskina
7-Vaidisova
8-Ivanovic

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now, Now - be nice - We like Serena :), (and she may modeling something somewhere esle in the world)....;)

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
1-Davenport
2-Henin-Hardenne
3-Sharapova
4-Pierce
5-Dementieva
6-Myskina
7-Vaidisova
8-Ivanovic
I'm looking forward to the bolded players (I was going to call them the youngsters but seeing that Sharapova is only 18 ... ;) ) vs the top players match-ups !!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
tenn_ace said:
You should have said also in the thread title that Martina is seeded and Serena is not :p
Serena isn't playing, right?

·
Registered
13,743 Posts
Hingis should be seeded just because of her glorious past, everyone knows shes one of the best.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
tenn_ace said:

didn't need to be said, there was already a whole complete thread about it. congrats martina:)

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
DannerCal said:
Now, Now - be nice - We like Serena :), (and she may modeling something somewhere esle in the world)....;)
true. And Williams fans would say in response: Serena is modeling and Martina is not... :lol:

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
1-Davenport
2-Henin-Hardenne
3-Sharapova
4-Pierce
5-Dementieva
6-Myskina
7-Vaidisova
8-Ivanovic