Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I think it hilarious how Alex was bashed for playing a Challenger and yet Anna was not at least in the same sense that Alex was crucified. Anna was once top ten and Alex was top 30.(that was the excuse in retrospect)

Again.. just too funny!

I see nothing wrong with Alex or Anna playing in Challengers.. and many of you are just too funny! :devil: :eek:

Reactions: matthias

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
No, Alex was Top 30 when she played it.

Anna WAS Top 10 but is now ranked 75. Though neither of those players should play a 25K, Anna playing it is less disgusting than Alex playing Surbiton last year...or Laura Granville (note: not black) playing it this year.

Now shut up about it cos we all know your stance. K sweetie? :kiss:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I disagree Anna's loss is alot worse because she lost in round one. Alex was never top ten whereas Anna was.

Hurley relax baby, I am just laughing in retrospect. Especially when I saw it in the cards...I was just waiting...lol:)

Please dont tell me to shutup because you don't agree with the way peeps look in retrospect.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Hurley, Hurley, Hurley...!!!

:cool: Such "harsh" and "bitter" tones...!!!! "And, from a Moderator, no less...!!!

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
:wavey: 'Morning, Dawn Marie... :wavey:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
People had "harsh" and "bitter" tones concerning Alex playing challengers too..and they weren't told to shuttp.

Hurley I love yah anyway..:)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"morning"persond:) It may be morning but I am typing in the freakin dark..lights went out.:)

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
"luv adversity...!!!"

:cool: Some of my "best work" was "done in the dark"..LOL...!!!

Hope your lights are back on soon; not that you need "light" to see all the "biases" on this board...!!!

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL funny!

Anyway go Alex and go Anna win your first title and if any of you have to play challengers then so be it! Agassi did it and so can't you!!! Although those with brownish skin and a bit of an attitiude may get scolded .. STILL you BOTH can do it!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,109 Posts
Given the fact that they both lost ....obviously imo they needed some practice. Andre did it and he was former #1. But it is kinda funny Dawn!

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Cannot see the point of thread except to cause a fight

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
If I remember correctly, Alex was bashed because she was top 30, having an OK year, and definitely on the way up when she elected to play a $25k.

Anna (ranked 70, and slipping) cant buy a win for love nor money, so has taken the route of Agassi (ranked 140-something at the time) to get some wins.

They're completely different situations. Not that I'm really bothered either way who plays where.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with playing challengers but reading that Alex post, gives insight to the bias people on this board. Alex maybe having an ok year but lets face it, the girl doesn't understand the word consistent and the word strategy. I think her playing it is not that bad. Now seeing her results in the last few tourneys give more reason for her to have played more than one of those challengers, heck, she should have made a year out of it.

I'll like to see the wta create a league just above the challenger level cos the players won't feel so obligated to play the bigger events and be embarassed.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Dawn, this has been explained to you before. If you can't see why Alex's case is different from Anna's, you are a complete moron. and don't go whining about how I called you a moron. You deserve it for starting this thread, which you knew would only provoke a fight. Here it is.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
What's so funny? Bugs Bunny? :p Actally I prefer Sylvester the cat! ;)

In retrospect Dawn, Anna should have never played this week with her leg bothering her so much. :( That was a mistake.

And I commend any established player who makes an effort to play the challengers. They have to swallow their pride to do so.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I wnt to say again, just becuase there are some immature people who laughed at alexandra when she played challenger does not give anyone right to laugh at anna situation now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
You know I got 2/3rds of the way through that other thread before realizing it was a thread from 2002 that was just bumped up? Dang.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
LOL funny!

Anyway go Alex and go Anna win your first title and if any of you have to play challengers then so be it! Agassi did it and so can't you!!! Although those with brownish skin and a bit of an attitiude may get scolded .. STILL you BOTH can do it!
Dawn, you are being a fucking imbecile. For the millionth time:

Alex was top 30 when she entered, and played, Surbiton. Laura Granville is in much the same position this year. Both of them are ranked at least seventy places too high to be in a $25k, and when Laura loses this year I will be as happy as I was when Alex lost last year. (Laura has got very pale skin, incidentally.)

Anna is imo still ranked too high to play a $25k - the $75k in St Gaudens last week would have been fine - but she is still ranked FORTY places below Alex. Their situations are NOT THE SAME. AT ALL. I still find it highly amusing that she lost, though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts