Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SHE SPOKE SPANISH SHE WAS ON OTRO ROLLO AND SHE NEEDED A TRANSLATOR.oK LOOK I know shakira doesn't speak it that well but at least she doesn't need a translator and as far as understanding her songs no one really understands them in spanish either . and Ricky Martin,Marc anthony,enrique igelsias all speak it fluently so I mean why can't english artists do that ? I mean if they were to learn the language it would not be bad at all

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
christina doesn't speak spanish ... but still shakira i mean she doesn't understand half the things people say to her in english and that is ok.. but why are u so upset if they don't speak spanish well let them sing it and "make as ass" out of themselves then if they are so bad.. :rolleyes: ..and atlest with the english speakers singing in spanish they get the lyrics translated correctly and their english accents may show and be quite noticable but then again ignore them then.. its hard to understand enrique and shakira in some of their english songs they mispronouce alot of words but its simple if u don't like them then don't buy their music or listen to them u can always flip the channel or change the station when they come on television or radio..

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Strange how this sort of argument is confined to the pop world. No-one finds it odd that Bjork sings - for the most part - in English, not Icelandic. Or, for that matter, Stina Nordenstam, the Cardigans, the Hives or Emiliana Torrini.

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Tricky one. Perhaps those people are learning the language. (Or, more likely, perhaps not, heh) If people never uttered a word of a foreign language until they were fluent in it, nobody would ever get anywhere.

I cant speak a word of French, but there are several French songs I can sing note perfect, word for word. If one day somebody stopped me in the street (we´re getting very hypothetical here) and said "Wow-have a record deal, we´re gonna release that and it´ll be No.1", I´m not gonna say, No - I´m not French. Who would I be to deprive a people of such an incredible work of art? Oh, that´s where my argument falls down...

Money Money Money, thats all its about. And it has to be said, the likes of Uguilera are mighty popular here in Spain, as in the rest of the world: I think she probably would be if she sang in Spanish or not: Britney is. When Madonna sang Lo Que Siente La Mujer here in concert everyone went crazy, like she had attained a masters degree in Latin Studies or something; its obvious she doesn´t speak ni una palabra.

Another question. If their records are crap in English and Spanish, does it make them twice as bad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts