Tennis Forum banner
2921 - 2924 of 2924 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Cancer scare here. Ovarian Cancer with hysterectomy and chemo

"Chris Evert has been diagnosed with stage 1C ovarian cancer. It's in an early stage, discovered following a preventive hysterectomy. Cancer has not been detected elsewhere in her body. This week, she began her first of six rounds of chemotherapy.
With time for some perspective, she says, "I've lived a very charmed life. Now I have some challenges ahead of me. But, I have comfort in knowing the chemotherapy is to ensure that cancer does not come back."
But rightfully, she is a bit nervous.
"As someone who has always had control over my life, I have no idea how I'll respond to chemotherapy," Chrissie says. "I have to give in to something higher."

Obviously I wish her the very best success. Its great that she caught it early. Martina went public and beat her cancer scare, Jeanne was not so lucky.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Oh, man! This is awful news. The last few years have been really tough for poor Chris. She lost her mother and her sister, and now this diagnosis. I'm hoping that the chemo is successful and that Chris will return to good health soon. 🤞

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
By all accounts, it seems to be least horrible of a horrible situation. They've caught it early before it spreads. Still she's got chemo ahead of her. But as we all know, Chrissie is tough as nails.

·
Registered
321 Posts
She noted that she had lived a 'charmed life'. So have I. When you've never had to be a patient, never had so much as a appendectomy, or tonsillectomy, never spent more than one night in a hospital bed in half a century, Its really hard to be good at this patient stuff. You expect so much of your body, demanded it to do what it always has for decades and decades, and now suddenly you have to baby it along. You have ask people for help when you never have before, and you learn to wait, and wait and wait for doctors to come, for lab results, for the nurse to answer the intercom, for the meds to take effect .... Being a good patient is an artform that takes practice and a whole different mindframe from what you are used to. Its got to be incredibly frustrating.

2921 - 2924 of 2924 Posts