Tennis Forum banner

2601 - 2615 of 2615 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know what Chris did if she won the toss? My gut says she probably always elected to receive. But it's only a guess.

Did she? Or a combination? Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Chris looked so great at this time. When she got that horrendous perm at the end of 1983 I felt as if she aged a decade overnight. Then the bleaching started and it was a fried white trash party for the rest of the decade.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Chris looked so great at this time. When she got that horrendous perm at the end of 1983 I felt as if she aged a decade overnight. Then the bleaching started and it was a fried white trash party for the rest of the decade.
Agreed. She had such a bad hairstyle from 1984 to 1987. Then she went back to straight hair for the 2 remaining years of her career, back to the ponytail, which suit her best imo. Although I loved the 1983 headband era...

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
The tennis wiki page is really strange. Most of the photos wouldn’t load and it didn’t seem very well fleshed out overall. I was excited and curious to browse through the site, but except for the racket stuff, there wasn’t much there.

·
Registered
51,770 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
As there are videos recently uploaded on youtube about Chris at Roland Garros in 1979 and 1980 I'm really struck by how strong she hits the ball in 1979/80 compared to 1982, and even more so in 1983. In 1982 she switched her wooden racquet to an obviously lighter one and the frame looks smaller. It really affected her game, and not in a good way. Can anybody confirm or explain the difference between both ?

Compare :

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the weight loss MIGHT have played a role...that is Chris' weight loss not the racquet...she was much slimmer in '81-83 than she was from the late '70s-1980...

·
Registered
51,770 Posts

·
Registered
51,770 Posts

2601 - 2615 of 2615 Posts