Tennis Forum banner

Chris Evert has been diagnosed with stage 1C ovarian cancer.

9K views 69 replies 58 participants last post by  faboozadoo15 
#1 · (Edited)

Best wishes to Chris and her family.

#9 ·
I'm happy for Chrissie that she was able to catch this early, hope this makes a good chance for recovery.

#13 · (Edited)
My friend Chrissie has cancer. The disease had killed her sister Jeanne. My god.
That line :(

"70-80% of ovarian cancer is diagnosed at Stage 3 or 4," Cardenas explains. "Three months or so from now, she'd be Stage 3 or 4. If nothing is done, it reaches the abdomen."
Chris Evert has been diagnosed with stage 1C ovarian cancer. It's in an early stage, discovered following a preventive hysterectomy. Cancer has not been detected elsewhere in her body. This week, she began her first of six rounds of chemotherapy.
I hope she can beat it, wishing her a full and complete recovery! :armed:

#17 ·
Just keep advocating for yourselves, because the American Cancer System must make a lot of money. Early is key. There is really no explanation for the incredibly flawed care for so many people, and it seems to be getting worse. Perhaps they seem to care in other countries?

Chris Evert, am so saddened by this news. Just a Warrior of our sport. Blah. Fuck Cancer indeed.

#18 ·
Sad news, but it's a very positive thing that it was diagnosed early.
Her younger sister Jeanne passed away in February 2020, from ovarian Cancer.
When this happens to one of your siblings, you have to ask your doctor to examine you for the same illness.

#27 ·
Sad to read this. It sounds like they have caught it at the right time. Hopefully she will be fine as a result but it must be an extremely tough time nonetheless.

Reactions: Perun
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.