·
Registered
8,896 Posts
Yikes is this treatable?

Thankfully she has Martina who did this already

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Good it was diagnosed at an early stage and that the cancer hasn't migrated elsewhere in her body.
It's the less $hitty possible situation in this particular case.
It's a bad moment to go through but the most important is to heal now.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
My friend Chrissie has cancer. The disease had killed her sister Jeanne. My god.
That line :(

"70-80% of ovarian cancer is diagnosed at Stage 3 or 4," Cardenas explains. "Three months or so from now, she'd be Stage 3 or 4. If nothing is done, it reaches the abdomen."
Chris Evert has been diagnosed with stage 1C ovarian cancer. It's in an early stage, discovered following a preventive hysterectomy. Cancer has not been detected elsewhere in her body. This week, she began her first of six rounds of chemotherapy.
I hope she can beat it, wishing her a full and complete recovery! :armed:

·
Registered
22,065 Posts
Yikes is this treatable?

Thankfully she has Martina who did this already
yes. Stage 1c has a fairly good prognosis for recovery as it's been caught early and hasn't yet spread to many other parts of the body.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I am wishing her a speedy recover! I get so frustrated thinking about all the medical advancements we've made over the years, but there's not a machine - like in the movies - where a person with cancer could get in it and be cancer free seconds later.

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
Just keep advocating for yourselves, because the American Cancer System must make a lot of money. Early is key. There is really no explanation for the incredibly flawed care for so many people, and it seems to be getting worse. Perhaps they seem to care in other countries?

Chris Evert, am so saddened by this news. Just a Warrior of our sport. Blah. Fuck Cancer indeed.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Sad news, but it's a very positive thing that it was diagnosed early.
Her younger sister Jeanne passed away in February 2020, from ovarian Cancer.
When this happens to one of your siblings, you have to ask your doctor to examine you for the same illness.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Wishing speedy recovery to Chris. Fortunately it was caught in early stages.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts