Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably the worst match I have ever seen. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many unforced errors.:tape:

Sharapova vs. Serena:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
worst match? choking? Didnt serena serve for the first set? And yet momo choked? Right.

It was good match. Momo played serena the right way but she couldnt keep it up and serena raised her level by getting her serve going.

Reactions: Sonja

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,893 Posts
well I think your wrong because Momo only had 4 ue's in the 3rd set....Serena had 13 but had 14 winners...there was nothing choko about the way Momo played. Her fans should be estatic that she showed she has it in her to play a big time match when the pressures on. :yeah:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Momo scored about as many games as the sum of games scored by the last 5 players who played Serena, so she can be proud. It will help her for next matches. Congrats momo !

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
mboyle said:
Probably the worst match I have ever seen. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many unforced errors.:tape:

Sharapova vs. Serena:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
This poster is a definite example of how one is Oblivious and has absolutely no idea what the game of tennis is all about.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
That was anything but a choke from Mauresmo. Serena stepped it up at the end, and that's what won her the match.

Mauresmo was hanging with Serena for the ENTIRE match, up until the last game where Serena took it to another level.

It was a very nice match to watch, the most exciting match I've seen in at least a year.

Reactions: Sonja

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
She did not choke! She played tennis. Serena willed this one.

·
Bright Like Neon Love
13,666 Posts
It was an awesome match, and Amelie did not choke. All three sets could've gone either way.

Serena :worship: :yeah: Congratulations, and great play!
Amelie :hug: You give it a great effort. Now use this match as a springboard to the next level!

·
Registered
295 Posts
What the fuck are you on about? The match of the tournament by a long shot. There were some truely amazing rallies and the drama/tension was high all the way through. Both of them were fighting to the end, which added to the intensity.

Congrats to Serena for pulling through a really tough match. They both did womens tennis a BIG favour today.

Bad luck momo, you played great. :)

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will admit that I did not pay attention after the second set, but the second set was atrocious, and both players did get tight.

That being said, the choko momo thing wasn't so much because Momo choked (though she should have won this match,) but rather because it sounds really cool!

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,893 Posts
how do you figure Momo should've won the match when Serena served for the first set? :scratch:

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOO SSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

she made some haters shut the f*** up. gotta love her for that . :kiss: :hearts: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wojtek said:
I think you didn't see to many matches :tape:
I've been watching all week. This match might not have been the worst, but it was up there. Davenport vs. Sharapova was of an entirely other caliber in terms of quality. Serena vs. Capriati was even better, albeit one sided.

Alot of the Serena/Capriati matches could qualify for "the worst match ever" award, but Serena/Mauresmo today was very ugly to me.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rocketta said:
how do you figure Momo should've won the match when Serena served for the first set? :scratch:
Serena could have won the first set, and should have, but, since Mauresmo did, and went up 3-1 0-30 (it should have been 4-0, 0-30 anyways, as Momo had break points gallore in the first game,) Mauresmo should have won the match in straights, but did not. Also, Amelie choked big time in the last game. She stopped going for anything, although Serena definately raised her game.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Sphenx said:
GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOO SSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

she made some haters shut the f*** up. gotta love her for that . :kiss: :hearts: :worship: :worship:
Amen! :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Amelie was great fighting till the end Serena just raised her level and Amelie was tired and a injured(bove moving great) At the start of the third set John Mc was saying if she really wants this she'll play through the pain! well done Amelie and Serena on a great match(myabe not great quality, but some great tennis and even greater drama!)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts