Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Re: China Open R2: Kenin defeated Pavlycuhenkova 6/3 6/2

i'm not sure what sonya has in her tank, but give me some.

she has this never say die attitude, even though we fully know she should be having a rest.

if her name was coco kenin , she would be getting much more attention than she is. i still don't think that enough u.s. tennis fans are aware of her.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts

watched this... Pavlyuchenkova was hilariously bad, and i feel i am kind !

the russian looked able to take a revenge here, started with agressive shot and good depth

had 3-1 40-15 lead... and suddenly on serve, don't know why started to push a routine forehand and obviously make a dumb error... incredible but from that point that was a collapse like you can see only in disaster american bad movie !

Pavs looked clueless and lost her tennis, even Sumyk talk was useless... Kenin fully confident just oppose her solid consistency and let the dumb one self destruct

Really dont know what to make of that lol, just hope Pav will not be russian number one this year, she didn't deserve it at all !

too soon to speak, but feel sumyk just Vulturing a complete headcase Pav here...

·
Registered
12,672 Posts

she has this never say die attitude, even though we fully know she should be having a rest.

if her name was coco kenin , she would be getting much more attention than she is. i still don't think that enough u.s. tennis fans are aware of her.
Who is stopping her from getting an agent and a management company to hype her up? They can even link her up with Warner Bros so that she portraits Taz the Tasmanian Devil.

·
Registered
8,157 Posts

Kenin is so reliable. She's winning all the matches she's supposed to win.

What happened to the Sumykchenkova train ? people was calling him a "freaking wizard" and it was all down to Mugu etc, etc, but she barely scraped through in her 1R match and she can't even win a set unlike Muguruza in her crapstatic tennis form and being mentally in ruins.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

She's not intersectional enough to make a good story. :shrug:

·
Registered
6,625 Posts

Love Sonya's drive and positive attitude. She won her doubles match with BMS against Sabalenka and Mertens shortly after this match. I think she has a good chance against Svitolina tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,548 Posts

The fact of the matter is Kenin is now way above Pav's league. She didn't even sweat in the match (hence she not only won it but then came back later to beat Sabalenka-Mertens in doubles.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts

Who is stopping her from getting an agent and a management company to hype her up? They can even link her up with Warner Bros so that she portraits Taz the Tasmanian Devil.
She isn't the kind of player who will ever get lots of media hype just due to her on court personality. Not that it's anything bad but she always looks stressful and worried on court..as if she is playing every game under enormous pressure..I am not sure how much her father has to do with this.

·
Registered
386 Posts

What happened to the Sumykchenkova train ? people was calling him a "freaking wizard" and it was all down to Mugu etc, etc, but she barely scraped through in her 1R match and she can't even win a set unlike Muguruza in her crapstatic tennis form and being mentally in ruins.
The Sumyk effect in full force:worship:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts

Well, Kenin is probably one of the best 10 players on tour right now. I don’t really have a high opinion of Pavlyuchenkova’s game but if she is only losing to Osaka-Kenin types, that’s not a bad way to go out.

·
Registered
8,157 Posts

The Sumyk effect in full force:worship:
I've noticed she's already grunting loudly and shanking some FH :eek:h:

Well, Kenin is probably one of the best 10 players on tour right now. I don’t really have a high opinion of Pavlyuchenkova’s game but if she is only losing to Osaka-Kenin types, that’s not a bad way to go out.
Kenin is clearly far from fresh. She literally hasn't stopped playing since the HC american season and the matches she's winning lately are more because she is such a good competitor than because she is playing great tennis. That is not my point though, but the overreaction when Pavs made the F in Tokyo, when some people were clearly pushing some particular agendas to kick a player when she's down. I am probably pushing mine, because of my opinion of Sumyk as a coach, but whatever good or bad he's going to do with Pavs they simply haven't had the time, which is what I said at the time, so it was a bit ridiculous to see some people acting as if one of Pavs random good weeks was any other thing than that and Sumyk was a miracle worker or something turning Pavs from a random basher into some sort of peak Kvitova in a matter of days, or even worse, that without Sumyk Muguruza would have been another Pavs.

·
Registered
706 Posts

if she stopped screaming in Russian and used English for OCCs, perhaps more Americans would realize she is indeed American.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts