·
Registered
23,560 Posts
yeah..its sad they misunderstood

but na li and peng will still be able to play olympics right

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
Something wrong with me? :weirdo: I can't understand what was misunderstood, or even what actually happened. :confused:

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
Man that sucks... we know what sport will be forbidden to be spoken about for the next few months...

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
:rolls: This'll be something to blab about behind her back at next years AO, literally.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Something wrong with me? :weirdo: I can't understand what was misunderstood, or even what actually happened. :confused:
the cta (chinese tennis association) thought that players had to play fed cup twice to be legible to play at the olympics, but the itf's rule is that a player just has to be legible to play fed cup to then go on to the olympics.

this is almost, or worse then the time zimbabwe couldn't play a fed cup tie because of them not paying the fee

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
the cta (chinese tennis association) thought that players had to play fed cup twice to be legible to play at the olympics, but the itf's rule is that a player just has to be legible to play fed cup to then go on to the olympics.

this is almost, or worse then the time zimbabwe couldn't play a fed cup tie because of them not paying the fee
But what means "eligible" exactly?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Well it was an error. Simple error some might say considering the difficult of English. Reading legislation and rules in another language would be really tough! Hopefully they don't make similar errors like this in the future.

·
Banned
15,895 Posts

Thanks. I kinda got that part. So based on what China thought were the rules, what were they trying to accomplish by selecting who plays, and who exactly is playing and why?

i have no freaking clue what the situation is. i kinda felt my head spin while trying to figure it out.
:lol: :lol: Yes I know the feeling.

Eligible to play in the Olympics. Means the player is one who is allowed to enter, based on the rules for entering.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
There is no misunderstanding, the chinese captain Qi Zhang explained this choice: Na Li and Jie Zheng are injured so they can't play in Fed Cup ;)

·
Registered
35,860 Posts
I always thought this was applied to players who WANT to play Fed Cup, but can't because of circumstances which are beyond their control (ie an injury at every single tie doesn't count). Cara Black is an example of this because they don't have any players in Zimbabwe besides her to actually fill a team. Therefore, she was allowed to play singles in Athens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts