Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Good luck in Memphis Mirjana!!!

If Mirjana gets by Adriana in her first round match, I see a lot of potential for her in this tourni!!! She has a realistic chance to make the final and possibly win this whole thing!!!

I hope she shows up in form and on a mission to win!!!!

It's so great to see back in a main draw!!!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
A tough opener for Mirjana but I wish her all the best. Adriana is in excellent form but Mirjana has the talent to win this regardless. I hope she puts up a good fight. A victory would be gravy. :D

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Let's not speak of Mirjana winning the event. One match at a time. Adriana is no pushover bearing in mind her great start to the year which includes wins over Farina-Elia, Frazier and Serna. She also led Seles before losing 7-5 6-2 in the Paris Indoors. You've got to remember Mirjana is coming in off the back of a straight sets loss in a US$10K to the world #450 so I'm hoping she is up for it and competes well. Of course I'm hopeful for a win! Good luck Mirjana.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Are Iva and Mirjana good friends? I saw one time a report of Iva on HRT1 and then she spoken bad about Miki.

·
Registered
32,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mirjana lost to Adriana 0-6 6-3 2-6

She was up 2-1 in the final set and serving when she fell apart:(:sad:

The good news is that the match went the distance and that Mirjana has an o.k. doubles draw. Good luck Mirjana!!!

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
Thats a very good effort againts an in form player.

The scoreline is actually very encouraging because with Mirjana's present state of low confidence, to win a set after losing the previous 0-6, is a very fine effort and she hopefully will take a lot of positives out of this.

All the best to her :)

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
I think this is a good sign for Mirjana to come back after that awful first set! Keep in mind too, that Adriana is now a solid top 50 player and has been playing very well lately. I think Mirjana perhaps needs to compete against the best to bring out her competitive edge. Maybe if she lost the first set 6-0 in a challenger, she may have just say "to heck with it".

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
I agree Vanity. After the loss to Andrea Nathan, it wouldn't have been a surprise for Mirjana, having been blown off the court in the 1st set, to really get down on herself, and it's good to see that she fought. One step at a time, and we'll soon be back where we belong.

·
Registered
32,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mirjana has recieved a wild card for the qualifying in Scottsdale next week!!!! Mirjana is still in the doubles and has a good draw here!!!

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Tricky opener for Mirjana in Scottsdale qualies against Miriam Oremans but I hope she can win it.

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
Poor Mirjana lost the match 67 16 :( :sad: Dont worry tho...with all these matches a good result is bound to come sooner rather than later...she can do it :kiss:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts