Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I will be in Poland from this Thursday till Tuesday, so I thought I'd write in here now to wish for a good draw for Magui and some good wins.

Best of luck!! Let's hope there'll be no need for :banghead: or paracetemol this coming week!! :p

ps. Pmd1987, if Magui plays before Tuesday eve. could you text me her result? I will have my phone with me in Poland! Also, could you text me if her match will be televised, so I can call home and ask my parents to record it?!?! Pretty please!! :D

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Caz said:
I will be in Poland from this Thursday till Tuesday, so I thought I'd write in here now to wish for a good draw for Magui and some good wins.

Best of luck!! Let's hope there'll be no need for :banghead: or paracetemol this coming week!! :p

ps. Pmd1987, if Magui plays before Tuesday eve. could you text me her result? I will have my phone with me in Poland! Also, could you text me if her match will be televised, so I can call home and ask my parents to record it?!?! Pretty please!! :D
Of course Caz, I'll will definately send you a text, i'll write a reminder so i don't forget ;)

btw, What are you doing in Poland? Just being nosey :p

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Pdm1987 said:
Of course Caz, I'll will definately send you a text, i'll write a reminder so i don't forget ;)

btw, What are you doing in Poland? Just being nosey :p
Thanks!! You're a star!! :D Oh and since you are offering, if you want to text me Paola's results and Vivi's (if she does enter the qualifying) that would be great! Thanks loads!! :worship:

I'm going on holiday to Poland. I taught English in a small village there (about 1 1/2 hours drive south of Warsaw) during summer 2001 and I'm going back to visit some of the friends I made while I was there. :D I'll be taking my phrase book, dictionary, and verb book with me though, 'cos while my friends speak English, their parents don't speak a word of it and my Polish, whilst not being entirely non existent, is somewhat.....errrm...limited! ;)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Going to Poland on holiday sounds great :D I'd love to go to some of these 'Eastern Block' countries one day, and I'm sure I will ;)

How many languages do you speak. Because you wok in multi-lingual market research I guess you know a few ;)

Have fun in Poland, as I'm sure you will :)

Do you want me to send you draw news as well as the results? :) or just the results?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Pdm1987 said:
Going to Poland on holiday sounds great :D I'd love to go to some of these 'Eastern Block' countries one day, and I'm sure I will ;)

How many languages do you speak. Because you wok in multi-lingual market research I guess you know a few ;)

Have fun in Poland, as I'm sure you will :)

Do you want me to send you draw news as well as the results? :) or just the results?
Oh, if you would send me draw news, that'd be fantastic!! I will return the favour next time you are away! :)

:topic: As for languages, aside from English, my degree involved Spanish, Catalan and Portuguese, I also did French up to A-Level and German up to GCSE, and I studied Russian for a year in evening classes during my final year at university, (though I really don't know that much it is cool to be able to read and write in a different alphabet - even if I can only read like a little child sounding out each letter! lol! ;) ) The only Polish I know, however, is what I managed to pick up through living and working there for 2 months.

And yes! If anybody hasn't voted for Magui at the Sanex Heros thing already, please go and vote now! She needs your votes!! :D

Reactions: Kuilli

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Caz said:
Oh, if you would send me draw news, that'd be fantastic!! I will return the favour next time you are away! :)

:topic: As for languages, aside from English, my degree involved Spanish, Catalan and Portuguese, I also did French up to A-Level and German up to GCSE, and I studied Russian for a year in evening classes during my final year at university, (though I really don't know that much it is cool to be able to read and write in a different alphabet - even if I can only read like a little child sounding out each letter! lol! ;) ) The only Polish I know, however, is what I managed to pick up through living and working there for 2 months.

And yes! If anybody hasn't voted for Magui at the Sanex Heros thing already, please go and vote now! She needs your votes!! :D
:topic: I was going to do french at A-Level, but i was the only one in the entire school who wanted to do it :eek: So it didn't run :sad: So I'm doing Maths instead ;) I will put my name down for an evening class in a modern language, perhaps something like Spanish. It's great to have an interest in many languages, and even a little knowledge means you can talk to many people :D

And i will send you all the draw news, as soon as I read it on here ;)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Magui plays Chadkova in R1, a winnable match, and then either Shaughnessy or Mikaelian in R2, and then a probable meeting with Henin-H. So a good chance to pick up some points and just think of the quality points if she beats Henin ;)

Caz says Hi :wavey: all the way for Poland, and she is going to tell us all about her adventures with caves & mountains when she gets back :)

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pff, they've changed the draw and now Magüi's draw is crap. If she defeats Denisa today (and it won't be easy, I think Denisa is good indoors), she will play Henin next...

In doubles Magüi plays with Shaughnessy and they also have a crap draw ;)

It won't be an easy week, I'm afraid ,)

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know what has happened in that match, it is weird that a match indoors is stopped during over an hour...

Magüi lost 1-6 5-7, a shame because she had a nice 5-4 in the second set. I hope that J. tells us something about this match when he comes if he can enter here ;)

More luck later in dubs. I'll see the score tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.