Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

after a disappointing grass-season start, with a more than disappointing defeat, I hope that this was just a bada day and let's hope that things go much better for Magüi in Wimbledon, third Grand Slam of the year. She will be seeded (with Seles' withdrawal she should be seed number 24) and please, no British WC in the first round! ;)

¡¡¡VAMOS MAGÜI!!! :):):)

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Good Luck Magui :D :D Lets hope you can do as well as in 2000 ;) And also last years 1st round exit :sad: means no points to defend!

Vamos Magui! :D

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Magüi will be 24th-seeded. Hoping for a nice draw tomorrow.

Anyone going to Wimbledon?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't like the draw, but I hope that Magüi can win that first round. Magüi always wants to do well there, so she must win.

Magüi and Boogie will play Asagoe/Miyagi.

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
I like her draw though!
Vamos Magüi!!

Reactions: MS

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Magüi plays fourth match on court 14, with two men's matches there she should play late, so maybe I can follow the end of her match (or even the whole match, let's see).

I think it won't be an easy match, but she must win if she plays as she can.

¡¡¡VAMOS!!! :):):)

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Good luck Magüi!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Reactions: MS

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
It's a shame, I like Ruano too but she's a better chance and plus, Vivi will win doubles :bounce:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After her success reaching the QF in 2000. Magüi had lost two first rounds in a row, so it's great to see her winning again a match in Wimbledon. CONGRATS!. Now she'll face Maja Matevzic, a tough lefty rival, but let's hope that she can win (and take revenge for Tina ;))

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Wow Lefties duel in second round!
Vmos Magüi!:bounce:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So Magüi will play tomorrow from 12 pm (local time) on court 5.

Magüi and Maja have played each other once:

Qual 2 Filderst. Oct 13 2002 M Matevzic - M Serna 3-6 6-3 6-2

But I hope that Magüi can win this time, although I think it will be a tough match (not 'easy' players in Magüi's draw, all top 50)

¡¡VAMOS!! :):)

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Good Luck Magui, I know you can do it! It won't be shown on the Beeb, so I'll have to come on the internet to follow the scores ;)

I only have 2 "true" favourites left in the women's draw and I would like it if they will go much further! ;)

VAMOS MAGUI :bounce:

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Suerte Magüi!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bloody rain! I don't know if the score would have been the same, but Magüi doesn't like rain. Pfff, I thought Magüi would win this after leading 3-1 and serve in the third set... :sad: :sad:

Better luck in doubles!

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Too bad Magüi lost.....well she must now concentrate on hardcourt season and USO

1 - 20 of 24 Posts