Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

it's a little bit early to post a cheering thread, but just in case I don't have time later ;)

First Magüi's tournament on grass this year, it will be difficult to go far, but Magüi is playing well, so let's hope that she can go as far as possible and prepare well for Wimbledon, where she'll be seeded.

¡¡VAMOS MAGÜI!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:wavey: It's never to early!! ;) Vamos Magüi!! Hopefully Bea and I will be there for qualifying, then the first few days of the main draw! I can't wait!! :D

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Good luck Magüi!!!! :D :D, continua tu camino hacia el Top 20 ;)

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something 'funny' that I'm sure that nobody knows ;). In Warsaw, Magüi was down 5-6 against Dokic and serving to level the set. While she was serving, a bee stung her left underarm and a doctor had to come. She says that since that moment some people pull her leg about the 'nice' bee ;)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I've voted too!! :D

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Good luck, Magui! :wavey:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Magüi will play the qualifying here. Let's hope that she can reach the Main Draw!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Really?!? Well, although that's probably not exactly a good thing, ( ;) ), it's cool for Bea and I, 'cos we'll only be there from the beginning of qualifying until the 1st round. So, hopefully this way, we'll get to see Magüi play a few matches, instead of just one!! ;)

Seriously though, best of luck to Magüi! Lets hope she can make it through the qualifying, and win a few rounds here! Vamos Magüi!! :D

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Caz: with her current ranking she would avoid the qualifying, but with her previous ranking she has to play it unless someone withdraws, and I don't think so....Maybe it's better to have some practice in the qualifying because the main draw is really tough ;)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:wavey: @ Pdm1987 and MS!

Yes, hopefully playing the qualifying will be good for her, 'cos it should give her a couple of extra grasscourt matches before Wimbledon.

Still, it's quite ironic how last year, when she was playing terrible tennis and losing to *British players*, (Bea dragged me to Julie Pullin's match in Birmingham this week, and I still, a year later, was sitting there saying, "How, how, how, how, HOW did Magüi lose to *her*, HOW?!?" Have you *seen* her serve?!?! :rolleyes: ), she got straight into the main draw at Eastbourne, but this year, when she's winning tournaments and playing *so* much better, she has to qualify! ;)

The maindraw will be tough, but let's hope she can get there and win a couple of rounds.

Reactions: Pdm1987

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Caz said:
:wavey: @ Pdm1987 and MS!

Yes, hopefully playing the qualifying will be good for her, 'cos it should give her a couple of extra grasscourt matches before Wimbledon.

Still, it's quite ironic how last year, when she was playing terrible tennis and losing to *British players*, (Bea dragged me to Julie Pullin's match in Birmingham this week, and I still, a year later, was sitting there saying, "How, how, how, how, HOW did Magüi lose to *her*, HOW?!?" Have you *seen* her serve?!?! :rolleyes: ), she got straight into the main draw at Eastbourne, but this year, when she's winning tournaments and playing *so* much better, she has to qualify! ;)
I was watching Julie Pullins match earlier this week, and as much as i love her :hearts: ;) Magui should never have lost to her especially after humiliating Bally 6-1 6-3 :( I wasn't even sure if Julie was going to beat Sequera (she did in 3 sets) and then lose easily to Lilia Osterloh :rolleyes: This year Magui would beat Julie 6-0 6-0 ;) and shold definately qualify for Eastbourne unless she plays a Brit (except Julie Pullin)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts