Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay its not the end of the world you guys.. i mean everyone seen it was a great match both of the players fought like hell and marti was just too exhausted her eyes were black even.. but anyone who watched that match has to give credit to both players.. marti let the match slip away a bit but jen is also a great player

.. don't worry she will be back she has 3 more grandslams ahead of her this year and countless other tourneys.. she was playing great this entire tounrey and i am sure she will bounce back and win many more..

thanks martina for fighting ur heart out and giving us a great match..

keep the faith hingians and martians she'll be back definitely

·
Registered
19,359 Posts
Thanks Tammy,

I guess only time could help us to overcome this pain. I hope she really feels ok. It was a dissapointing night. so sad for all marti fans, and especially for Martina.

I just wanna say, no matter what, I will always support Martina Hingis. If she is happy, then I am happy.

Again Thanks Tammy

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
i really need a hug right now... I'm not sure if I will be able to play my doubles match tomorrow. I think I'll withdraw:eek: :sad: :eek: :sad:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thank you Marti Fan for this thread. I''m totally bummed (I was crying at the end) but I still love Martina my fave. :)

·
Registered
15,249 Posts
one step at a time.

now she's got championship points.
next time will be to convert them

:sad:
:)
:D

·
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
everyone knows what a fighter marti is there is no way she will give up .. yes she may be upset for a few days about it but she knows she played her heart out and gave it her all ..

.. i think in the end this will only make marti more determined in her quest to catch another slam..

anyhow we all still love you martina rest up and good luck at the fo :) :kiss:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Come on Martina!!! She gave out everything out there, and even though her legs weren't working on the third set she still stood there and tried to fight with the little left she had. That shows what a fighter she is. And I know that next time she has a match point she will go for it.
Martina is at her best level again, so she'll get soon to another GS final

·
Registered
19,359 Posts
give me a hiug man i really need one

I am totally devastated, i dunno what to do, just crying and crying and hoping that she is ok

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Thanks Tammy.I am also very sad.But look at it the other way,if Jennifer would of lost,just think how the Jenn fans would feel.Oh well,I guess Ill try to get better...

·
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah they would be upset to but i am sad marti didn't pull it through but in no way am i mad at her or upset she lost... i mean she played her heart out she gave it her all she even competed in the 3rd set with no legs she was cramping like hell she was about to puke and she was purely exhausted and yet she continued to fight and i am proud of her for that she gave everyone a great show and it was a fantastic match and in those conditions one couldn't ask for more...

.. both jen and marti were gracious to one another in their speeches and they have great respect for one another they're both fighters and showed everyone that tonight..

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
I got so sad about Martina :sad: :sad:

I really hope she can win a Grand Slam this year yet :)

Her and of course, my darling ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I am a huge Jennifer fan of course, but here's what I posted on my Jennifer site:

My heart goes out to Martina Hingis.

Tough loss, but a gracious loser.

I will cheer her on when she is next in a Grand Slam final, as long as she doesn't play Jennifer!

She has never been one of my favourites but as Jennifer fans who think back to Miami last year, we know how tough it must be to lose a final after holding multiple matchpoints, and to lose a Grand Slam final that way must be heartbreaking.

All credit to Jennifer for another stunning fightback, but my heart does go out to Martina, but if she wants to win another Grand Slam title she needs to believe in herself. Even at 6-4 4-0 you sensed she didn't quite believe it and from the beginning of the third set, a set in which she was a break up, she had mentally already given the match away.

With Venus Williams sure to get back on form as the year progresses there may be precious few chances for Martina to win another Grand Slam, but, as I said, I will certainly cheer her on next time she reaches a Slam final (against anyone other than Jennifer!!!).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have to say it is important that Martina keeps in mind that she won Sydney and won the Aussie doubles and was runner-up in singles. That is a tremendous start to the year, and there is no reason she cannot challenge for the big titles again this year. Venus can falter on clay, so there is a real chance at the French Open title. She needs to believe, and she really should believe because she is so talented. She beat Seles and until 6-4 4-0 she had Capriati just where she wanted her. She is only a few steps away from regaining her Grand Slam form, so she must put this loss out of her head straight away and go to Tokyo and focus on winning the title there. The worse thing she could do would be to withdraw from that event and stew on the loss.

I have always admired her style of play and thought her one of the best, but after that match and her speech after I admire her even more.

Move on Martina - you have the talent to make sure there is plenty to move on for. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm listening to matchbox 20 right now and it's helping ease the pain.
Fellow Marti fans, go find some music you really enjoy, lay back and relax with it on the headphones. And remember, She'll be back! Count on it.

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
As Martina said. She is moving ahead much quicker then she thought at this time...The french is hers :)

·
Registered
19,359 Posts
Go Marti, just go and be happy!!!!

:) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Great thread, Marti_Fan. All of us Hingis fans are extremely bummed right now, and Martina is as well. But, we all have to try and put this match behind us and know that there are many more matches ahead of Martina for 2002. She still has 3 more chances to win the slam, and the chance to take back her #1 ranking.

Martina lost today, but she is still a winner! To come back from injury to defend her Sydney title, and to reach her 6th straight Australian Open Final is definetly reason for us to be proud of her.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts