Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I imagine that there will be at least Boogie and Seda playing at quallies for Wimbledon, which begin on Tuesday 17th. So let's cheer for them.

PS From what I see, Boogie didn't seem to show up at the Birmingham tournament this past week. Does anyone know anything?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
tim4 said:
I imagine that there will be at least Boogie and Seda playing at quallies for Wimbledon, which begin on Tuesday 17th. So let's cheer for them.

PS From what I see, Boogie didn't seem to show up at the Birmingham tournament this past week. Does anyone know anything?
yes, she is playing the semifinal of the Dutch League today ;) :wavey:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was disappointed that Boogie lost first round in W. quallies.

I couldn't go on Tuesday, you see, but I did go on Wednesday, and I saw Seda win her second-round qually match. Though her serve didn't seem all that strong, she played well, and her groundstrokes were quite beefy; I might say also that her opponent didn't play well at all.

But Seda lost on Thursday. So I was quite happy when I found out that she made the main draw as a lucky loser. And with any luck I'll get into Wimbledon tomorrow to see her 1st round match.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
I just saw Seda play on tv, her serve is incredible weak. She did get a high % 1st services in, but Schiavone had 97% of her returns in on 1st serve, and 100% on 2nd serve, which says it all!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually saw Seda's match on Monday, as I was there. Yes, her serve isn't that strong, and although she played quite well she didn't seem to have much 'fight' and the match was over in about an hour.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
I don't know if she really played quite well....maybe I should watch more "lower-level" tennis, but Seda's game didn't seem strong to me at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts