Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, that was unconfortable.
Some quick facts:
Anisimova led 61 41, and did not hold serve once during that 3rd set.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gritty fight from Amanda. She was playing so well before the injury. hated seeing her in tears on the court. She probably shouldn't have kept going, but she showed a lot of toughness. Hopefully she gets some rest and the injury heals soon. Can't see her paying her again next week, which is unfortunate. She can't seem to catch any breaks. When she's on it's beautiful tennis!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Heartbreaking to see Anisimova cry like that on the court... She does show her feelings regularly but I never saw her looking so sad and frustrated :(
I'm disappointing for her, she was cruising, I hope the injury is nothing serious.

But good for hometown girl Rogers. Barty next, won't make her any gift.

·
Registered
16,941 Posts
This is so sad

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't think I've ever enjoyed drama less in a match. It was so uncomfortable watching Anisimova unravel after it looked like she was gonna cruise to her most impressive win of the year. This phrase gets overused, but Amanda literally cannot catch a break this year. And there's definitely some hypocrisy on this forum, if that had been Azarenka out there after the injury the whole forum wouldn't have been able to shut up about what a "warrior" she was. I'm not gonna pretend Amanda was a beacon of professionalism out there, but she's a nineteen year old who has had every bad break possible to start this season, and just when she's finally getting her teeth into a tournament, she hurts herself again. She's not a bad person, or even a unique person, for being emotional about it.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Anisimova was really pissed. She is so immature and offensive with those racket taps.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Anisimova is a mental midget that only has herself to blame. She always makes things harder for herself. Bye girl.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anisimova sure is box office. Played like peak Osaka to 6-1 4-1 until the injury changed everything. Pretty disturbing to see her in tears, probably a combination of a number of different factors. Shelby did well to keep an even keel mentally, but this would have been a blowout in normal circumstances.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
The problem was Amanda getting injured at 6-1, 4-1, and it was all downhill from there.
Amanda went off court with a MTO, and came back with a big tape job on her thigh.
After getting the injury when up big time, Amanda became emotional, and got a code violation.
Amanda started going for too many lines to shorten the points, but missed repeatedly. Going for the lines actually extended her time on the court and led to the loss.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Somebody sprayed herbicide on the courts this morning because the seeds were dropping like flies today.

Anisimova was so dominant in the beginning that you really didn't foresee 6-1, 4-1 becoming 6-1, 5-7.
I suppose the injury she sought treatment for really made a difference.
She was so visibly distraught at times it was almost uncomfortable to watch.
Yet she would often regroup and produce beautiful winners without actually regaining consistent momentum.

Amanda's effective shot-making was balanced by her erratic moments.
So the deciding set was a break-fest that could have gone either way until the last moment.
Credit to Shelby for staying in some of those rallies. She was often defending in this match.
Her fitness work has really paid off, I think.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Manda was in the zone until 4-1 in the second set.

After that she went to the Twilight Zone.

Bad Manda was ugly to watch with her mutterings, her face-pulling and her tears.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
That was really sad to watch. Amanda has so much talent. Effortless power. Watching her have another emotional meltdown was painful.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts