Where is she :sobbing:

·
Registered
25,366 Posts
I dont found her name in the list.. she recived a Main Draw WildCard :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I met Chanda in Boston today during "kids day". She's so nice in person, I was very happy to meet her! So yeah, she's definitely in Boston.:)

·
Registered
25,366 Posts
Ohh so she will finally play :sobbing: :D

Tell us a bit more of your great experience ChandaFan :wavey:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I couldn't believe when I read that she would be in Boston this week. I was like, "It's finally my chance to meet her!":D I ran to the courts and when I arrived Benny Sims was speaking to some kids and eventually introduced Chanda to everyone. She was talking about her experience being a professional tennis player. You can tell she really wants to encourage kids to develop skills that can help them in tennis and life. It was nice to see. I've been such a fan of hers since 2002 so it was amazing to see her in person. After she was done talking to the kids (I felt so old being there haha since I'll be 23 soon) we all went up to the lounge where she signed pics of herself (a pic of her with her Eastbourne trophy). She asked me my name and handed me the pic with her autograph then I asked her if you would sign my figure skating boot. She wasn't sure if her pen would show up since my boot is black (I'm a guy) so she signed the inside. I know it was an odd request but figure skating is my sport with tennis being second so I thought it would be special. She thought it was amusing that I had a skating boot for her to sign :D . Then we took a picture and I was off. I took a horrible picture but that's ok. I wish I got to actually talk to her more but I didn't want to hold up the line. I really do wish I talked to her more so that's the only thing I regret. So I can cross off "Meet Chanda Rubin" off my list of things to do ;) and I can't wait for the next opportunity!

·
Registered
25,366 Posts
Oh really a great experience, a pic with and she sign sign your figure skating boot..

Chanda :hearts:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good evening from Germany.

This is my first posting at this forum, so hello to all the fans of Chanda. I'm reading here for about one year and it's time :)

I'm very happy that she will play Boston. Does somebody of you have informations about a chance for the following tournaments like Cincy, Stanford or San Diego? Is there a chance for Chanda, to get a wild card??

·
Premium Member
169,809 Posts
This is GREAT news! I am SOOO happy that she is playing in this 50K :worship: I think she will play in Cinci next week aswell. This is probobly being used as a warm up. :bounce:

·
Registered
11 Posts
ergh, now I'm kicking myself, I should've asked her when she was going to play next! She was in Boston but what happened to her playing? Dissapointing ... =(

61 - 80 of 109 Posts