Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably will be the best Round of 16 Matchup in the draw. I give Jelena the slight edge because her groundstrokes are hard and hit the baseline and her serve is a bigger weapon than chandas. But as far as consistentcy it goes to Chanda, but if Silvia Farina Elia can defeat her, the im sure jelena can. So im gonna say
Jelena Def Chanda 6-3 3-6 6-4.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
dont forgot Jelena plays double in just about every tournament so Chanda and Jelena are equal at the net.
Unfortunately Jelena is very stubborn and doesn't come to the net very much at all in singles, so it doesn't matter if she's good at net - because she stays at the baseline, whereas Chanda is always looking to go forward and has great instincts and reflexes at net. I think with the way Jelena has played this year, and also since Chanda playes so well today (won 12 of the last 13 games i think) Jelena will really have to step up her game to beat Chanda. I predict Chanda in two close sets, 76 64

·
Registered
955 Posts
kyk710 said:
Unfortunately Jelena is very stubborn and doesn't come to the net very much at all in singles, so it doesn't matter if she's good at net - because she stays at the baseline, whereas Chanda is always looking to go forward and has great instincts and reflexes at net. I think with the way Jelena has played this year, and also since Chanda playes so well today (won 12 of the last 13 games i think) Jelena will really have to step up her game to beat Chanda. I predict Chanda in two close sets, 76 64

your wrong hun.....Dokic has been coming to the net quite a lot actually this year , its part of her new game and strategy, im not saying she like comes in after every shot.....but she comes in quite a lot...mayb like once or twice, every other game which is alot for her.........todays match she came in couple times.....

its gonna be a FUUNNNNNNNNNN match, Dokic makes too many errors.....but I think she will toughen up because she is defendin finalist....so I think Dokic will stay at her game.....she has beautiful passing shots,,,,,, i think Dokic will win 2-6 6-4 6-4

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
jelena has been struggling so much this year against the lower ranked players but i don't think she is playing a high enough level to get away with it against the top players. i'd love to see dokic win but i have to give rubin the edge.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Vegetable said:
Yeah, maybe Jelena will be juiced up on revenge after Chanda said she tanked at some tournament last year :lol:
precisely! Dokic wins and claims Chanda tanked! Retribuition ahahah

I'm joking, but Dokic really tanked last year against Chanda LA semis. Apparently Damir was on da phone, and they were having a fight... she was seen crying b4 da match. Ever since, Dokic hasn't quite been the same.

But things will get better soon, as she will win the Acura, the Canadian, the US open and on and on... then a real slam...

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Chanda no doubt, the consistency and match play compared to Jelenas has been clean in all slates of the department.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Chanda will wiin and prove once again she deserves the number 8 ranking

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.