Kvitova

F
S. Williams
Kvitova

W
S. Williams

· Banned
492 Posts
Not going to get my hopes up just yet, Kerber and Azarenka are much much much better players than Errani and Wozniak, plus Wozniacki can always give Serena trouble, just look at how we all expected Clijsters to beat Kerber at Wimby but ended up being double breadsticked instead

I will like it to happen but I'm keeping my expectations low for the time being

· Registered
6,934 Posts
It would be great, but I'm not counting too much on it!

· Registered
10,199 Posts
Venus is the underdog in every match.

I don't think she'll make it because of how much she has to play but it would be a very very pleasant surprise.

· Registered
1,620 Posts
I would still tend to doubt it.

Venus is older and no longer in her prime. This means she can have flashes of her old self, but she can no longer maintain it consistently. Or for a whole tournament which is essentially what the Olympics is. Due t her health her energy levels can vary wildly from day to day. The odds that she can stay in this kind of form through a few more matches as the competition gets tougher is unlikely.

· Registered
40,318 Posts
Venus is the underdog in every match.

I don't think she'll make it because of how much she has to play but it would be a very very pleasant surprise.
From your post yesterday where you said, and I paraphrase, that you will be satisfied if she loses in the next round, we know that you have very low expectations.

Venus has already exceeded your expectations, so I understand if you don't give her chance

· Registered
2,129 Posts
if venus beats kerber and azarenka, and serena beats zvonareva and wozniacki, theres a huge chance

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Kerber is a bigger obstacle for Venus than Azarenka IMO :shrug: Kerber can chase a lot of balls down and return them with interest, she's in good form and is the sort of player Venus can self destruct against. Having said that, if Venus can bottle the 15-20 minute periods of great form she's shown us over her last 2 matches and produce it across a full match, there isn't much anyone on the other side of the net can do on grass.

As for Serena, she should pass Bepa relatively comfortably, but I can't say the potential match against Wozniacki doesn't worry me :hysteric: She's got into a generous habit of gifting Woz far too many sets :hysteric: I still expect her to make the SF though.

· Registered
456 Posts
It might have happened if this thread wasn't made. Watch it be jinxed now. :bigcry:

At least Venus vs. Caro will still be a good SF. :drool:

Reactions: Leo.

· Registered
10,199 Posts
From your post yesterday where you said, and I paraphrase, that you will be satisfied if she loses in the next round, we know that you have very low expectations.

Venus has already exceeded your expectations, so I understand if you don't give her chance
I know she still has slam-winning form in her. I'm just so uncertain about this disease she's dealing with. It's hard to imagine her playing SO many matches in one week and not feeling fatigue.

· Registered
2,445 Posts
There is a chance of course for a Williams sisters SF since they have yet to be beaten. But I predict neither sister will make it to the SFs as Serena will lose for the second time this year to Caro and Venus will be swatted away by Kerber. From Angie’s perspective Venus is a minor obstacle on her way to the QFs.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.