Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today the Champions League 18-19 starts. Who do you think will do well? Who will win? What are the expectations?

For me the favourites are Manchester City, Barcelona, Liverpool, Atlético and Juventus in that order.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So, today the Champions League 18-19 starts. Who do you think will do well? Who will win? What are the expectations?

For me the favourites are Manchester City, Barcelona, Liverpool, Atlético and Juventus in that order.[/QUOTE
Man City are in the middle of a defensive crisis at the moment , LaPorte out till January , Stones out for 5 weeks , leaving Otamendi as their only recognised central defender . They should have signed McGuire in the summer .

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
I will, as always, be stanning for Bayern...

:rocker2:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man City are in the middle of a defensive crisis at the moment , LaPorte out till January , Stones out for 5 weeks , leaving Otamendi as their only recognised central defender . They should have signed McGuire in the summer .
Yeah, but have you seen their group? It is perhaps the easiest one for a pot 1 team. There's absolutely no chance that they won't take 1st place, even if their play with under 18 centre backs. And when it comes the knock out, things will already be sorted out.

·
Registered
31,618 Posts
I will, as always, be stanning for Bayern...

:rocker2:
Speaking of...

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=3944748

Bayern Munich basketball star as Zlatan imposter in Miami. They had me, when the girl said I´m his manager and my name is..... :grin2:

Gosh only Germans could screw up that ending with the dudes on the basketball court. He should have crushed them in a pick-up game and they´d have thought Zlatan is a GOD.

·
Registered
31,618 Posts
Yeah, but have you seen their group? It is perhaps the easiest one for a pot 1 team. There's absolutely no chance that they won't take 1st place, even if their play with under 18 centre backs. And when it comes the knock out, things will already be sorted out.
I know Stones is down as well now, but seriously the way they were crying about losing one €70M, when they still had two CBs worth €100M left on the pitch. Oh we had to manage with our €200M defense against Norwich´s B team. How will we cope. The world is really unfair. :crying:

·
Registered
31,618 Posts
Bad news. Messi had a nervous breakdown on the bench, when Dortmund played YNWA pre-match. :devil:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree , City should have more than enough to get out of the group , though I still think that the failure to sign a central defender will come back to haunt them , both in Europe and in the league .

·
Registered
164 Posts
I know Stones is down as well now, but seriously the way they were crying about losing one €70M, when they still had two CBs worth €100M left on the pitch. Oh we had to manage with our €200M defense against Norwich´s B team. How will we cope. The world is really unfair. :crying:
They were shocking in defence against , as you rightly put it , a weakened Norwich team , they may have had expensive defenders but I've never rated Stones , right from his early days at Everton .

·
Registered
31,618 Posts
I agree , City should have more than enough to get out of the group , though I still think that the failure to sign a central defender will come back to haunt them , both in Europe and in the league .
I doubt it. Guardiola will be a little more cautious and put Fernandinho back into CM instead of Gundogan. Furthermore you need to be a well-drilled pressing team to actually force those errors from City. Most of the teams will just sit deep, invite the City pressure and still get hammered. Plus neither their league nor CL games are that tough in the near future.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think city has a great squad and even though they spend a lot they normally do it well at least. Bernardo Silva, Sane, Laporte, lots of great buys, unlikely for example, United, PSG and others.

THAT SAID their defence is something embarrassing in terms of cost-benefit. 45 millions on Walker who is just average and clearly below the rest of the team, 20 something on Danilo who barely played, 50 on Mendy, 30 on Cancelo. Now compare it to Liverpool, who had Arnold homegrown and paid like 10 for Robertson. Kind of a joke.

If I'm not mistaken by the way, off topic, Harry Maguire costed almost as much as the whole back 4 of Liverpool. Even though he's good, I don't think he's worth all that money.

·
Registered
31,618 Posts
Even as a fan of his, Reus is just a losing player. Should have three goals by now. I knew he´d miss the penalty. If Dortmund ever want to win the German title, their best bet might be to sell Reus to Bayern. :sad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts