Tennis Forum banner

Who's gonna take the trophy home?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
8,954 Posts
no doubt the 5 contenders are clijsters, henin, davenport, mauresmo and capriati.

davenport, capriati and henin should move through to the semis comfortably. clijsters and mauresmo play each other in the quarters so one of them can't make the semis and with mauresmo being beaten by dementieva the other week i think kim will get through that altough an upset is possible. either way the winner could be a bit tired from that match and would probably play davenport. i don't see kim losing to davenport but mauresmo may however i do pick kim to get through that half of the draw. then a henin/capriati semi-final. justine is on fire but capriati is playing pretty well herself. both have had pretty easy draws. but justines has been easier (capriati had dementieva who is very difficult). i want capriati to win the tournament but i just don't see justine losing with the form she showed against safina (except for the last 4 games).

even though it is hardcourt i think justine will win the whole thing. kims had a pretty tough draw and she has the hardest quarter-final match so if her quarter-final and semi-final are long matches (and they could be) she may not be as fresh as justine.

· Registered
13,496 Posts
I hope Kim or Jenny

· Banned
341 Posts
My hope

Certainly is Mary Pierce!! :bounce: :hearts: :kiss:

But her situation is in leewardly!! She backward her competitor, Russian Anastasia Myskina 6-7, 0-2!! :eek: :sad:

In brief her situation is earnest is not optimistic, even is pessimistic!! :sad:

Therefore, all of Mary Pierce's fans certainly must strengthen support her!! :help: :fiery: :bounce:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.