Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think following the challenger players is more fun than following the top 50 players? I do because all the Brits are challenger level! :eek:

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
:eek:

·
63,617 Posts
Of course, I LOVE Challenger tournaments!! :D

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
it would be more interesting to watch provided you actually get the chance to. its not like we have tv coverage of the 10k in wodonga here in australia ;)!

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
challengers are way better!!

The players fight much harder because if the loose in the qualies of a 10k they get NO prize money adn NO ranking points.

Unlike WTA events they do not get money towards food and accomodation.

These girsl are fighting to stay on teh tour for an extra week. I've known cases where players ahve ahd to pull out of matches because they couldnt afford to stay in their hotel for that extra night, and couldnt pay teh fine for cancelling a plane ticket.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I think the rallys are longer, and therefore more entertaining in places. But matches are rarly close in challengers. as the rankings can be sometimes over 300 places in diffrence.

I also find it more tense. There is more on the line, in challengers, the players want it more. They need the money and the points to get into that next event.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I love challengers because the players are all over, very accesible. A lot of times you can talk to the players that are on fed cup teams and a certain countries best players

1 - 11 of 11 Posts