Tennis Forum banner

601 - 620 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Peter Green was a truly wonderful guitarist, certainly one of my very favorites from the British blues boom. Look for the early British albums of Fleetwood Mac.
"Albatross" is one of the truly great instrumental tracks of all time. I never saw Peter Green live, but Fleetwood Mac at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland in November 2015 was one of the most magical concerts I've ever attended.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
A long while ago, after watching Gone With The Wind, I was curious which cast members were still alive and Olivia was already very old back then. Every year since I thought, is she still alive!?

Not even Olivia was strong enough to survive 2020.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,538 Posts
I'm pretty sure Olivia was our last living link to the great generation of Hollywood stars of the 1930s. I'd say that 1930s Hollywood generation remains the greatest collective group of actors and actresses cinema has ever had. Certainly the most iconic. With Olivia's passing, I believe they are all gone now. Very sad day.

I'm not a religious person. But somehow I would really like to believe up in heaven, Errol Flynn will now once again be able to duel with Basil Rathbone for the fair hand of Lady Olivia. It is just a romantic thought, but as Ray Davies said so well, celluloid heroes never really die.

RIP fair Lady Olivia.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
The oldest actress now is Betty White (January 17, 1922 – Present)
But she wasn't really a Hollywood actress. TV was her thing.

Close behind is Eva Marie-Saint, born in 1924. She was great in North by Nortwest

·
Premium Member
39,363 Posts
I'm not a religious person. But somehow I would really like to believe up in heaven, Errol Flynn will now once again be able to duel with Basil Rathbone for the fair hand of Lady Olivia. It is just a romantic thought, but as Ray Davies said so well, celluloid heroes never really die.

RIP fair Lady Olivia.
I almost fell in love with Olivia when I watched Robin Hood as a child. The movie highlights the role she plays as a rich lady first ignorant and unaware of the poor, then Robin Hood opens her eyes on realities. Her eyes then expressed the vibrant purity of her heart. 🙂

·
Premium Member
171,140 Posts
The oldest actress now is Betty White (January 17, 1922 – Present)
But she wasn't really a Hollywood actress. TV was her thing.

Close behind is Eva Marie-Saint, born in 1924. She was great in North by Nortwest
Rhonda Fleming is also still alive. She’ll be 97 on Aug 10th 😎 She was this “Queen of Technicolor “ 😁
————————————-

RIP Olivia. Lady in a Cage is one of my all time fave movies. 😎

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,538 Posts
Rhonda Fleming is also still alive. She’ll be 97 on Aug 10th 😎 She was this “Queen of Technicolor “ 😁
————————————-

RIP Olivia. Lady in a Cage is one of my all time fave movies. 😎
We do still have a few stars from the 40s still kicking and plenty more from the 50s too. But I'm pretty sure Olivia was our last link to the golden era of 1930s Hollywood.

·
Registered
85,861 Posts
DAME Olivia de Havilland. A true Lady. R.i.P

·
Registered
7,443 Posts
The Heiress (an adaptation of the Henry James novel Washington Square) is one of my top 5 movies, and one of my favorite female lead performances ever, for which Olivia deservedly won an oscar. I also liked Joan Fontaine, but she was almost too glamorous at times. Both she and Olivia exuded chic and style like almost no one else.

·
Premium Member
104,804 Posts
The death of a Japanese actor Haruma Miura sent shockwaves through Japan (and East Asia in general)

He was 30 and was at his peak of his career but committed suicide due to depression.

601 - 620 of 622 Posts