Tennis Forum banner

341 - 360 of 382 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,537 Posts
Very sad. Great actress, one of my alltime favourites honestly. I could watch her performance in Une femme est une femme over and over again. Also a wonderful singer with a small but very high calibre selection of recordings. Along with Audrey Hepburn and Jacqueline Sassard one of the most beautiful actresses in the world in the 1960s.

My own personal favourite Anna Karina song:

And my own personal favourite clip of Anna's (aside from a few in Une femme est une femme).

2019 really has been a crap year and this month has been the worst of the worst. :cry:

·
Premium Member
37,515 Posts
I recall having spent some time listening to all top 20 singles of France from the 60s and 70s. It was often dismaying. But each time an Alain Barrière song was coming up, it was a breath of pure, breathy romanticism. It was different. It was popular, with a dose of vulgarity, but on the popular scale, a relief for the soul. That's how I like Alain Barrière. An oldie, but an elegant one. One who had a sense for melodies.

·
Registered
51,959 Posts
Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies aged 61 after long illness

One of the best songs ever ♥

This was from German TV show "Dancing on ice".
Joey Heindle and Ramona Elsener are also a real couple.
Their touching dance in SF a week ago to "It must have been love".
(They reached the 2nd place in the final today evening.)

·
Registered
51,959 Posts

·
Registered
30,971 Posts

·
Registered
82,758 Posts

·
Registered
82,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Wow. I had no idea. Most people won't remember but Sue was a household name in Britain due to her film parts - she was seen as a 'sex pot'. I remember my grandmother talking about her - in that excited to be scandalised way! I hope Sue found some happiness as she was never allowed to escape her image.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Wow. I had no idea. Most people won't remember but Sue was a household name in Britain due to her film parts - she was seen as a 'sex pot'. I remember my grandmother talking about her - in that excited to be scandalised way! I hope Sue found some happiness as she was never allowed to escape her image.
Sue who?

341 - 360 of 382 Posts