Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Mod message:
(gosh, this is my record day of messages imo :p )

Some months ago we made already a first CCL booklet with messages for Kim.
It seems to me it's time for a new one, this time with messages of support for Kim.

So, if you like to write a positive, encouraging, inspiring message to Kim, written in English or Dutch, it's your chance now.

All you have to do is:
post your message in this thread, mentioning your name (surname not an obligatory of course) and country, city,... where you live.
I'll wrap them up (I'll include all polite, + messages, addressed to Kim or to Kim and Lleyton), I'll make a new nice booklet out of them and Elke will take care it gets in the personal mailbox of Kim in Bree. Please do so within this week as I'd like to complete our booklet by September 15. Electronic copies will be avialable to CCL fans upon request, like last time.

So Kim fans, write to her (or to the couple) in support!

Thanks in advance you all!
And thank you Ileana (aka Hawk) for your proposal to do something for Kim! :yeah: :kiss:
and thanks a lot too, Elke, for the logistics! :cool: :kiss:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Message from Sofie (Belgium): see attachment

Attachments

Reactions: Brαm

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
God...I'm really scared I get things -(grammar and spelling) wrong I'm doing my drafts over and over again...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Hey Kim,
I'm sorry you lost but just so you know-it doesn't matter to me how many titles you win or don't win. I'll still be a huge fan of yours (and so will HEAPS of people I know here in Australia). Just remember that even though you lost, we all believe in you and your talent-you couldn't get to number 1 without having as much talent as you have.
Remember to believe in yourself and learn from your mistakes. You are such an inspiration to so many people!!! Don't give in-we all know you can beat everyone...and you can do it just as well if not better being 'too nice'. Being nice does NOT mean you can't win a grand slam! Just be yourself.
Thanks soooo much for being such an inspiration to everyone,

Ashleigh (Sydney, Australia) XXX

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Dear Kim,

It must be sad to lose but first of all, I want to say thanks for giving us so much fantastic tennis through out the year. Whenever I feel down, I think of your wonderful smile. It makes me feel so much better and stand up for myself. When you feel down, just think all of us fans of you supporting you around the world!
It's hard to lose...but you're going to get over it. I remember there was once a quote from Robert F. Kennedy - Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly. You are going to achieve great, but losing once or twice, is just the process of it. Even though you lost, you’ve won everyone’s heart with the nice way you treat people. You deserve the #1 spot more than anyone else because you don’t just play awesome tennis, but you show your lovely personality!!
I would love to see you win a grand slam, but it’s more important for you to play your best tennis and enjoy yourself. I’ve been enjoying all your matches, and I’m sure you enjoy playing the matches as well.
Just relax and have fun during the break!
Don’t forget, heaps of people in Australia love you and support you as much as I do.
I am a No.1 fan of yours and will support you no matter what.

Big hugs and kisses,
Keira XX (NSW, Australia)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hey Kim!
I just want to tell you how great a person you are, and also such a talented tennis player! I hope your not being too tough on yourself about your loss, because you tried, and as you said your opponent was just playing too well. You’ll always be a great motivation to me; I love your glowing, optimistic charisma!! Keep on doing whatever makes you happy!!! Thank you so much for all the fun (and frustration) I receive from watching you play fantastic, enjoyable tennis! You are a lovely girl, and don’t let anything get you down! I hope to see some more awesome tennis from you, and watch you grow into a better person than you already are!! (Which may be quite hard I must say!) And if you’re ever feeling down, think of all the supportive fans you have all over the world!!
Oh yeah, also tell Lleyton to keep his chin up and keep on trying. He’s really good too and you’re both so lucky to have each other!!

Love Jae Hee (Sydney, Australia)

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Hi Kim!

When I first saw you play at Wimbly '99' I knew that you were going to be the future of tennis and now, you are sitting on top of the world at No.1! You have achieved so much is such a short space of time which is such a major accomplishment that all your fans around the world are so proud of and we know that you've still got so much more you can prove. The USO final must have been so heartbreaking. But you're so young that you have plenty more chances to capture your first slam as you have all the talent. Not also do you have talent on the tennis court, but off it you are extremely caring, thoughtful, approachable and you have a great perspective on life and see that tennis is only a game which is just so refreshing to see. It’s great to see that you can put smiles on people's faces just by being your friendly self so don't ever change. You can get anywhere you want by being 'nice', despite what the media say, we fans will always believe in you and love you just the way you are!
You and Lleyton keep being the King and Queen of tennis and I wish you both all the happiness in the world. You are so lucky to have one another and to have such a great connection with one another.
You are an inspiration to your fans all over the world and I wish you every success to you and also Lleyton. Have fun and keep smiling! :)

All the best,

Marie xx (West Sussex, UK)

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
Dear Kim!

First, thanks so much for your letter... I was so happy when I got it! Almost cried. I got a letter from the two biggest inspirations in my life!!
Even though you did not win US Open, your season has been amazing, unbelievable... You have done extremely well in every tourny, but the thing I am most amazed over is how you find time to visit sick children on hospitals. I remember at Wimby that you had a day off, and you used it to go to the hospital... Everything you do inspires me(and a lot of other people) to do well.
I want to congratulate on your fantastic season, and wish you lots of luck for the next one, and I hope you will be as good as you have been this...
It's a real pleasure to follow you and watch your matches...
Oh and a little hi to Lleyton aswell...
I hope you will both do good for the rest of this season, and 2004.... Also good luck at Davis Cup and Fed Cup

Lots of love,
Nathalie, Roskilde, Denmark

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi Kim !

I just wanted to tell you that even if you haven't won your first Gran Slam title this year, you are and you'll still be the NUMBER ONE for me ! Of course I like to watch you playing great tennis, but what I like the most is the way you are always smiling and down-to-earth ! And I think that's the reason why people in the whole world love you so much ! And what can we ask more, you played a wonderful season until now and I'm sure next year will be even better ! Just keep your wonderful smile that we all love ! I wish you all the best in your future life and of course with Lleyton !!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I hope to see you again in Zurich like last year, because it was one of the greatest moments in my life when I met you before you went training.

Christel
Lleykimmy1
(Bienne, Switzerland)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Kim, Enjoy your holiday in Australia and reflect on all the great accomplishments that you have achieved this year alone. Really it is incredible. You have all the attributes that make up a great person- high ethical standards, genuine caring for other individuals, high personal standards, grace and a smile that enhance every event, wonderful communication skills and a great sense of humour. Coupled with these your athletic abilities make you a great athlete. Set your own agenda at these tennis events rather than following the group. We are behind you.

Anne-Canadian

·
Registered
15,460 Posts
Hey Kim!

Bedankt voor de vele mooie momenten die je me al zo vaak bezorgd hebt! Ik ben er zeker van dat er nog heel veel zullen volgen. Doe zo verder, meid!

Bram, Harelbeke, België

:D

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Hi Kim!!!!!!!

i hope you enjoy every minute of your time in australia...
when i first saw you at the '99 US Open against serena i knew you were the real deal...

your first slam is only a matter of time now. there's no need to feel disappointed. it's already been a great year with 6 titles :D :kiss:

you are truly an inspiration for all of your fans :hearts:
stay healthy and keep on rocking :rocker:

GOOD LUCK IN FED CUP :)

George , Athens , Greece

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Kim,

You are a true champion in every sense of the word. I am sure that one day you can hold aloft your own grand slam trophy, but till then you hold (and will always hold) a more precious trophy, one that certifies your qualification as a true champion - not only on but also off the court, a trophy that no degree of on court success can bring!!

Good Luck on and off the court - please remeber to always keep smiling

Naomi, Australia xx

Reactions: Fieke

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Hi Kim,

I just want to say congratulations on being #1 and all your other amazing achievements this year. I had the joy of watching you play live in Sydney this year and you were playing so well then, it was hard to believe you could just keep getting better. Yet you have just continued to improve and impress all year. I'm sure that will only continue and I wish you the very best of luck for the rest of the year - and years to come. I hope you are able to find some time to relax and enjoy all your success.

Much as I love watching you play, more important to me is that you are consistently such a great sport and you just seem like a truly lovely person with all your priorities in the right order. That's so wonderfully refreshing and you are a great role model for the many, many, many young people who look up to you. Even if you never played another tennis match we would remember you for bringing class and grace to the game of tennis.

It is a privilege to be your fan.

Jane, Sydney, Australia

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Hi Kim

Dont worry :unsure: , be happy :) , youve had a great year so far!!

Chill out :cool: and enjoy your break.

Have plenty to :drink:

Get plenty of :zzz:

Maybe take the :dog: for a :drive:

Relax and listen to some :music: , maybe even hang out with some :rocker: s or go to a :aparty:

Dont read the papers because journalists are :retard: s

Come back refreshed!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Kim!

I want to say a big Thank You!

The way you (and Lleyton) are and what I saw of you on court (as well as off court) gave me the courage to fight for myself again.
My helth is giving me a hard time and whenever I feel down because of that I watch one of your matches (I taped a lot)and that cheers me up.
They way you take things and tell people, that there are more important things in live than winning is incredible.

Take care of yourself and the ones you love (especially the dogs), and live your life the way it is best for you and don't care about the others (press etc.)

I wish the best for what you want to achive, for your health and for life!

Mareike, Grünberg (Germany)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Dear Kim,
Congratulations on a wonderful year & especially on becoming no.1, (not that you weren't no.1 to me before)! You played so well at the US Open especially against Lindsey. You & lleyton always play so well, tell him congratulations as well cos he played so gutsy too.
I hope you have a nice holiday in Australia with lots of warm Aussie weather, (hopefully)! Please cheer really hard for the Aussie Davis Cup team cos I will to. I really hope the boys get to the final so I can go to Melbourne & watch them too.
Best of luck for the rest of the year. Keep on doing what you've been doing. Hope to see you both at the Hopman Cup & an Aussie/Belgian final would be nice!
Best Wishes,
Amanda Krynen
Perth, Western Australian
PS My sister Laura wishes you & Lleyton the best too!

·
Registered
66 Posts
To Kim and Lleyton

BE AWARE

Listen to your heartbeat
be aware
there is so much more there

Than a forehand into the net
that the ballkid is going to get
Listen to your heartbeat
be aware

Than the disappointment
of the moment
Listen to your heartbeat
be aware

than an atlete's shell
we don't need the press to tell
Listen to your heartbeat
be aware

There is ambition off court
There is talent
There is love for the game
There is determination
There is .... so much more
So on court in the heat
just listen to your heartbeat

ENJOY your achievements, your life and your love
greetz from Destelbergen, Belgium

Valerie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Kim,

Some people leave their marks on the world in the pages of history books, whereas others leave their lasting impressions on other individuals. Thus far, you have managed to do both. Whether or not you are the US Open champion does not matter--the fact that you're you, and that you tried your best, is what counts. Your perseverance, talent, and tenacity are sources of inspiration to us all, and even though you were unable to win a Grand Slam event, you still remain as one of the best--if not THE best--in the very hearts and memories of your fans. And it is because of your perseverance that you will eventually win. Sometimes, the greatest achievements in life take a while to materialize. But then again, when you finally get there, you will realize that all of your efforts were not in vain...for victory tastes much sweeter only after you have known defeat. Napoleon Hill once said, "There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants and a burning desire to possess it." You have that purpose, that burning desire, and the insatiable will to succeed. Just remember that no matter what path of life you take, you have many, many, many people supporting you along each and every bit of the way. Enjoy the journey to undisputed success...the best has yet to come.

"First, they ignore you. Second, they laugh at you. Third, they fight you. Finally, you win. "
--Gandhi

With Warm Regards,
Leo Wong
C.U., Ithaca, NY (USA)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Kim
First I want to say how sorry I am that you were disappointed in the US Open final. But I also want to say that I hope you realise that it makes absolutely no difference to you fans. We were all so proud when you became number one so please don't let anyone diminish that for you. You deserve the number one spot because you're such a good representative for your sport. Your attitude and personality makes you the true number one.
Congratulations on your wonderful year, and good luck with the future, in your tennis, but more importantly, in your personal life.
Oh, and I also want to say that I think you and Lleyton make a wonderful couple and I wish you both every success.
Good luck to you both!

Lucy (Scotland)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts