CCL FORECASTER 2005 - CONTEST NO 3:

What will be Kim's result in Miami?

a) she'll win
b) she'll end up in the final
c) semis
d) sorry, not further than QF
e) 4th round
f) none of the above

Reminder: To make it more fun (and keep you all posting :devil: ), we'll keep track of the CCLers who have the best foresight as they'll be in the running for the CCL Forecaster title, each time collecting the best of 10 forecasts.

Please do post your comments too in order to be in the running for this contest.

EDIT: Posts with your comments will be valid until Wednesday, March 23, until 4 PM (CET).

Good luck!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,732 Posts
I'd say the semis, because Myskina- who she could meet in the fourth round, has been in horrible form, and her potential QF opponent- Dementieva- is someone she beat last week.

And, btw, Panda, Kim and Serena are on the same side of the draw, so they can't meet in the final :confused:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Babolatpro880 said:
I'd say the semis, because Myskina- who she could meet in the fourth round, has been in horrible form, and her potential QF opponent- Dementieva- is someone she beat last week.

And, btw, Panda, Kim and Serena are on the same side of the draw, so they can't meet in the final :confused:
Oops, I must have misread something somewhere.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
I vote for Semis because she has already played a lot of matches so maybe she'll be exhausted after 12 matchs in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
-Fienesse- said:
finals - then Runner Up (maybe against Serena...)
Mm, i doubt about it... We can't be too optimistic, it's still her comeback!
But ok, in IW she proved to be back. However we can't ask too much now.
Yestday I said Semis... Would be a dream already...

BUT hey, remember nobody said she could win IW ;)
Hope I'm wrong AGAIN :angel:

I'm also looking forward to the comeback of Juju... will she adjust as easy as OUR KIM, THE COMEBACK QUEEN? will she winn the tournament immediately? srr, doubt about it...

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Brαm said:
I think she will lose to Myskina in the 4th round :eek: :unsure:
You know I was worried about Myskina too..but then I've been hearing Myskina is in horrible form, so some are questioning whether she'll even get to the 4th round. In addition Myskina has a horrible record in Miami..she's 3-4 in Miami, never advancing past the 3rd round.

Frankly Dechy has me a bit worried..Kim is only 2-1 against her and both wins for Kim were 3 setters, while Dechy's one win was in straights :unsure:

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
I'm going for semis this time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've also voted for her to be the runner-up => off course I hope she'll win, so Kim, please prove me wrong again ... :)

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going for the semis :angel: although that's more speaking from the heart.

Her draw is a good one :bounce: but still, to win several matches in a row, it might perhaps be too much so soon after her comeback :confused: ...round 4 is very feasible imo, if she's not too tired from her IW tournament. After that round, I consider then all she can do as a great plus, and therefore I hope for a semis result, although I think I might be too optimistic this time...:eek: So I made a wild vote this time.:p

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Help, it's not yet 2.30 PM and it already says the poll is closed :sad:

I'll cast my vote in this post then :shrug:

I'm going to vote against my heart and say "f) none of the above"

I think Dechy might indeed upset her...she's been doing pretty well this year, and I do not think her style suits Kim. And I wouldn't be surprised if Kim had a setback after last weeks succes. (On the other hand, if Kim wins that match, I think she'll go far - Myskina hasn't done much yet this year, and Dementieva was injured last week, so she might still suffer the effect)

If I'm right, I would be the only one with that vote...;) - and if I'm wrong, I'll at least have the joy that Kim has won :).

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,531 Posts
:bigcry: I can't vote eiter... but that's my prediction:
I'll say SF, just because Kim did well last week and I'm not sure how it's gonna go playing another tourney back to back. I would like to be proved wrong too :D And if she looses before that I don't care either, i'll be happy as long as she's fit :devil:
(Ingrid I'm sure you won't mind adding me and Nicky on the poll :p :hearts: )

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I didn't vote last time and she won. So I'll be superstitious like Kim and sit this one out. :angel:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.