Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
It's such a difficult issue. I can really see both sides. I don't really know what the solution is, what it could be. I guess this issue is gonna be something that comes up more and more in the future and in other sports too.

Semenya has been treated terrible. None of this her fault, but what is the solution?

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,726 Posts
Let's not pretend this is matter only of woman 400m and 800m athletics & only eastern block issue. Like if Griffith Joyner 100m record is reachable for anybody ...
No pure American athlete or tennis player will ever try PEDs :bigwave:

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
from what i remember from my cycling watching times, male competitors were getting suspended for a too high testosterone level

so setting some line for women and sticking to it probably makes sense as well, no?

Those male cyclists were suspended for artificially induced higher levels of testosterone. Scientific proof must be produced by UCI's anti doping enforcement in order to sustain such sanctions.

While I have not read all the posts on this thread, I believe no evidence has been presented to prove Caster Semenya used artificial stimulants as those male cyclists did. On that basis, I suggest that any possible imposition of sanctions against her are without justification.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Amusing.

So CAS express concern over discriminatory regulations, yet at the same time consider such discrimination justified and proportionate. Imagine trying to say anything like that regarding real world - the hysterics would be endless.

Also, it's amusing to see approval for such regulations in the name of protecting women's sport, while advising Semenya to change distance category, if she wouldn't want to decrease her T levels. As if in different categories there is no need to protect women's sport.

The other thing is how she is forced to take medication to lower her T levels. The whole "raison d'etre" of the anti-doping regime is perched precariously on the notion of "protecting the health" of athletes. How is artificially changing naturally occurring hormonal levels in line with that? Especially in the light of this -> https://www.wma.net/news-post/wma-urges-physicians-not-to-implement-iaaf-rules-on-classifying-women-athletes/ And also (if not most importantly) WADA & IOC's religious principle regarding natural physical ability stated in WADA Code and IOC's Olympic Charter.

Lawyers up. Time for real courts, ECHR most likely, Swiss tribunal is useless at this point, unless full award will show some procedural mistakes.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I find it funny Martina had to have her statement printed and photographed only to have it posted in instagram. As it'd make it more official

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Yes. Of course. So does higher lung capacity, lower heart rate, higher degree of flexibility, etc.

Would you please read and try to understand things before you weigh in.
So maybe we should have unisex sport events? Than maybe say f*ck you to all actual female athletes in a result. If anything allowing Caster to compete among females is far more discriminatory than not allowing her while her testosterone level is sky-high and her anatomy is also more that of a male. It's a slap in the face for too many, but as always there are some highly triggered people who will defend Semenya's case as much as they wish.

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,547 Posts
Good luck in one person bringing the IAAF down in courts :lol: Sebastian Coe is no supporter of Semenya and he will fight a bitter war if needed.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
you can still qualify for Tokyo? If there even is any Tokyo this summer..

61 - 80 of 80 Posts