51,753 Posts

·
Registered
82,537 Posts

·
Registered
51,753 Posts
Important quotes from the article:

"Being the first Scandinavian woman to reach No.1 and win a Slam is something very special, something I’m always going to be very proud of," Wozniacki added. "Honestly, I just hope that I’ll be remembered as a very hard worker and someone who’s kind to the people around her."

Wozniacki will also form part of a marquee pairing in the doubles draw, when she teams with another former World No.1, 23-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams.

"I’m just really excited to have this opportunity to play with [Serena]," said Wozniacki. "I started off my career playing doubles with [Serena's sister] Venus, and I get to finish off my career playing with Serena. It doesn't get much better than that. I’m really excited for it."

In her own media conference, Williams added: "It's going to be great. I'm really looking forward to that. We're really good friends, as well. She's one of my best friends. We've never shared the same side of the court together, so it's going to be cool."

In the first round on Monday, Wozniacki and Williams will face the Japanese pairing of Nao Hibino and Makoto Ninomiya.

"It's definitely special to play with her in this doubles," Williams continued. "I'm going to miss her immensely. I'm going to be an emotional wreck in Melbourne."

·
Registered
51,753 Posts

·
Registered
51,753 Posts

·
Registered
51,753 Posts

·
Registered
51,753 Posts