Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!this is Carole Monnet thread:wavey:

Carole Monnet is a french tennis player who was born in Ukraine in December 2001 then was adopted by french parents and starting tennis in South of France ( training in Cap d'adge near Toulouse). Her first sport was athlétisme" then she started playing tennis. She was french national champion in 16U category (2017) and was ranked 32 in junior.

Her win in french championships:

Carole is trained in "private structure" RTT Romain tennis team so no fft financial help, she had to find fund by herself. Get results by herself.

She just won a 15K in Monastir and she deserves her own thread cause she is a fighter and could become a top100 player imo and even better. I think the FFT should help her big cause she's got some high qualities and potential :yeah:

Here a video on which she explains how complicated it is to become a top player when you can't fund your season. She explained a year cost 70000 euros. The best juniors are the one who are "helped" financially.

She's made 3 others 15K finals before winning this one. Wish her to get the FFT help and facilities to be able to improve her game and ranking. She's currently ranked 745

Good luck to her:)

Her Monastir run (hard) :

R1: Carole Monnet (FRA) def A. Zantedeschi (ITA) 6-2 6-3
R2: Carole Monnet (FRA) def N. Orlova (RUS) 7-5 6-2
QF: Carole Monnet (FRA) def A. Mintegi Del Olmo (ESP) 6-1 6-1
SF: Carole Monnet (FRA) def A. Raggi (ITA) 6-4 2-6 6-1
F: Carole Monnet (FRA) def A. Prisacariu (ROU) 6-2 3-1 ret.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Carole stays in Monastir this week and play another 15K :)

first opponent is Joanna Tomera (FRA) who qualified

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
And she won her second title in a row, defeating Burel in the final. Seems like France finally seems to have a lot of interesting prospects... That Burel / Parry / Jacquemot / Monnet generation, I am curious to see how high they will go!

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
weird my message not there...

yes so happy for Carole Monnet who deserves it so much. Such a nice girl too.

yes french tennis future seems much better than it was... still remembering my thoughts many years ago about the fft work and poor results. Seems like they did some good things such as hiring the new DTN Pierre Cherret. Be more ambitious and assume it.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I mean there is no reason why France should be the nation with the most players in the top 100 on the ATP tour (13) and only FOUR on the WTA!

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more than having many french players in top100 is to have future Champs able to lift a majors and become top players

we used to have many french players in top10-15 in late 90 and early 2000, then came the eastern countries (Russians) rise

we should be coming back in the game as a strong and wealthy tennis nation.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carole into her 3rd consecutive finale at Monastir, she beat seed n°1 Pigossi (ranked 402) in SF

she won 6-1 0-6 6-1 scoring her 14 consecutive win:yeah::yeah:

She will play Marilia Tkacheva (RUS) #734

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3rd consécutive title for Carole in Monastir!!!!! She won the finale 7-5 6-2😃😃💪

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
And into the SF again... so impressive. Can't wait till her ranking starts taking off and she can play some WTA qualies!

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And into the SF again... so impressive. Can't wait till her ranking starts taking off and she can play some WTA qualies!
Carole stopped in SF 1-5 Ret. I knew she could risk an injury... Playing FOR 4 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS this is too much imo. She should be cautious and not play too much. Preserve her health.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Yes, hopefully it's nothing serious! 4 weeks in a row is crazy indeed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts