Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Didn't somebody post an article showing cranky statements made by Jennifer's Dad about how the ladies should spend their waiting time?
This one has a much different tone, and could have lots of creative editing or just sharing parts.

2. Hard Serving Dementieva? Hmmm. Then I am Hard Serving Michael!!
I can get it up to 70mph!! ;)

Here is the article found on sportsline.com

Capriati's dad says veterans know how to deal with delays

Sept. 3, 2003
SportsLine.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- Stefano Capriati doesn't have to concern himself with helping his star daughter stay alert when the weather wreaks havoc on a tennis tournament's schedule the way it has at the U.S. Open.

"They stay focused themselves," he said of Jennifer and the other players. "They're athletes, they know. The young girls, you tell them. They need to try to keep quiet and relax and rest. Or go in the gym and train. Don't eat too much."

On Monday, Jennifer Capriati survived three rain delays on the way to defeating hard-serving Russian Elena Dementieva 6-2, 7-5 to reach the quarterfinals for the third consecutive year.

"Jen is in the hotel resting," he said Tuesday. "She does a few things there. Yesterday was 12 hours. We got here at 9:30 and left at 9:30. That's a long day for anyone. She's not scheduled to play, but she's on standby."

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Not being able to eat much would do me in. Imagine having to wait all day and not being allowed to eat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts