Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn. Just got this from the PR firm handling JP Morgan:

Jennifer Capriati has withdrawn from the JPMorgan Chase Open, July 19-25, at The Home Depot Center in Carson due to a hamstring injury. Following is a statement from Capriati courtesy of Darrell Fry of the WTA Tour.

“I’m sorry that I won’t be able to play the JP Morgan Chase Open. I really love that tournament, but I’m just not ready to play because of my hamstring,’’ Capriati said. “I’m going to continue to work hard and get ready to play again. I’m really looking forward to competing this summer, especially in the Olympics and the US Open.’’

·
Banned
959 Posts
With the Olympics right before US Open, I think most top players will just play one, 2 at most in the US Open summer series, despite the bonus money for the leader:). Good luck Jen and hope you get another medal for yourself.

Reactions: bigshow21

·
YOU'RE WELCOME!
6,880 Posts
Well, as much as I wanted to see her play again, it's best she doesn't rush it.

Traci, were you planning on being there in some capacity?

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
sorry to hear this- no jen, no maria at LA..Stanford with only Lindsay and Venus...this US Open series thing isn't looking too successful YET...maybe they shouldn't have launched this promotion this year with the olympics.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm going to a couple of sessions. Not sure which ones at this point with my schedule. I'm spending the whole week at Acura the following week, so hopefully Jennifer will play there.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
bajangurl said:
sorry to hear this- no jen, no maria at LA..Stanford with only Lindsay and Venus...this US Open series thing isn't looking too successful YET...maybe they shouldn't have launched this promotion this year with the olympics.
Maybe they shouldn't have launched it at all because it's stupid and lame and will ultimately be unsuccessful.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I think this is good. Jen needs to rest her legs and get ready for the Olympics and the US Open!! If she pulls out of the open I don't know what I will do!!

·
Banned
6,175 Posts
Tratree said:
Damn. Just got this from the PR firm handling JP Morgan:

Jennifer Capriati has withdrawn from the JPMorgan Chase Open, July 19-25, at The Home Depot Center in Carson due to a hamstring injury. Following is a statement from Capriati courtesy of Darrell Fry of the WTA Tour.

“I’m sorry that I won’t be able to play the JP Morgan Chase Open. I really love that tournament, but I’m just not ready to play because of my hamstring,’’ Capriati said. “I’m going to continue to work hard and get ready to play again. I’m really looking forward to competing this summer, especially in the Olympics and the US Open.’’

:sad: :sad: Get better soon Jen! ;) :worship: :bounce:

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
I share the opinion of these posters who said Jen shouldn`t play too much and rest to be fit for Athens and the US Open. These 2 tournaments are the most important at this time of the year. I only hope this withdrawel was because Jen wants to rest and not because of a serious injury.... :unsure:

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
When did Jenny hurt her hamstring?!:eek: That could be a very serious injury! Does anyone know any more about it?

Get well soon, Jen!:sad:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I sure hope this injury is not serious! But it is good that she is not playing it. That gives her more time to rest, get healthy, and in great shape for the Olympics and US Open!! Those tournaments are definately the most important ones right now! Go JEN!!!! :worship: :)

Reactions: esquímaux

·
Banned
959 Posts
It's more likely to be an excuse for resting.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
CJK said:
It's more likely to be an excuse for resting.
That would be my guess too! ;)

·
Registered
19,426 Posts
Tratree said:
Yeah, I'm going to a couple of sessions. Not sure which ones at this point with my schedule. I'm spending the whole week at Acura the following week, so hopefully Jennifer will play there.
hmm if Jenn is gonning to pull out of the tourney which is held 2 weeks from now...
would she possibily still participate in next week's tourney???:tape:

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
bigshow21 said:
That would be my guess too! ;)
Me too, hey maybe she just wants to keep working on her fitness, that would make sense as well. Its all good, can't wait to see you back Cappy!

Reactions: bigshow21

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope this is the reason too, although she might have strained her hamstring when Serena kicked her ass at Wimbledon....though I would expect more of a gluteal strain ;) Hopefully she is working on her game and will be ready for the Acura.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,168 Posts
:speakles: Jen

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Tratree said:
...I'm spending the whole week at Acura the following week...
I need your advice again. Please tell me: How are you going to get the tickets to the matches?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If she wanted rest, wouldn't she have just said rest as her reason for withdrawing. Maria did.

Reactions: Zhao
1 - 20 of 38 Posts