Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEWSWORLD2003

Jennifer Capriati, former teen prodigy and american sweetheart is ready to retake womans tennis back into her own court, filled with thundering forehands and a basketfull of backhands. "Im not worrying to much about the loss ( @ the u.s open) im just trying to focus on getting back to the top, im working with a new serving coach and im just fixing a few things in my game."

Jennifer will need to fix more than just a few things though, if she wants to reclaim the world #1 spot for the secound time. Both the William sisters and a new breed of player are threatening to overshadow all that she has accomplished in the last four years and surpass her rise to previously unparalleled success. If this hard hitting baseliner, once dubbed as the next "chris Evert" is to regain her thrown atop the tennis pantheon, she will need to do it quick, but whatever happenes, Capriati assures all of her fans and dedicated supporters that "im not finished here, thats for sure, not by a long shot". And from that statement you just cant count this champion out.

This is a bonafied article, i was flipping through Newsworld mag and i just so happenedto cross this little peice of joy....from this statement you just have to believe Jennifer is truely serious about getting that #1 ranking....it wont be easy but she's taken the first steps to achieving that goal by hiring a serving coach!

- Jen with a good serve = beating Justine and Serena in three sets

Reactions: Bella

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jen really seems to be serious, its a good thing too!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
too true mase, too true!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey abby gurl! whats up??? OMG i know! its been a while!...but im back and hopefully ill be posting stuff on a reg. basis!!!!!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not just the attitude thats great its the simple fact that she will do whatever she needs to do to make herself a better player, and she is she truely is!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
well, its great if she is getting someone to help her on her serve... that shows she is really serious about trying to improve her game...

i give her full props for looking forward with a good attitude. but I do think that the loss will stick with her for a while...

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
abbysulc said:
YAY!!!!!!!!!that sounds like mi jen!!!!!!!at least she knows she has a lot of fans and dedicated supporters!!!!!!!!!!hey trish aint seen u 4 a while :kiss:
IAnd I havent seen you abby! Hope all is well babe :kiss: :kiss:

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
Trish, kudos to Jen for a determined spirit. Indeed without that she most certainly couldn't do it. I submit that she lacks the game 2B likely to, however. As footspeed is a big part of Jen's baseline style, it won't improve as she's now 27 and a half. IMO the "tennis logic" isn't there for her to ever win another Slam unless there are several key players all injured. Sorry.

·
Registered
504 Posts
JollyRoger said:
Trish, kudos to Jen for a determined spirit. Indeed without that she most certainly couldn't do it. I submit that she lacks the game 2B likely to, however. As footspeed is a big part of Jen's baseline style, it won't improve as she's now 27 and a half. IMO the "tennis logic" isn't there for her to ever win another Slam unless there are several key players all injured. Sorry.
Can u explain why though when science has discovered that a humans body is at its peak from 28-30. So fitness isnt a problem is it? There's been loads of players who have won grand slams at that age so i dont see what the problem is.

·
Registered
677 Posts
i think that the problem is not fixing new things in the game but...in her head...and the proof is that she doesn't succeed to close a fighted match...
anyway to improve the serve is a good thing...she suffers too much on her serve!!!

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
Jen'sFan said:
Can u explain why though when science has discovered that a humans body is at its peak from 28-30. So fitness isnt a problem is it? There's been loads of players who have won grand slams at that age so i dont see what the problem is.
Sure there was a time when "30 plus" players like BJK did, but the competition wasn't nearly as deep. (Re. Pete and Andre, the court "plays smaller" as the men are bigger and hit harder). And ppl keep saying IF re. Jen getting a "go to" serve. That's fine for hope, but realistically do you have any reason to think she WILL? (Jen's serve has been decent this year, not terrible like in '02, but that won't do it). Yes she's a battler and will take top opponents 3 tough sets, but that's not the same as winning. (In fact Jen herself said she blew it against Juju @ the USO). So if those who are so sure she can get there will kindly explain why she will, and save the revival meeting stuff for her forum and tournament cheering threads, GM would be a tad more intelligent a forum, IMO.

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
I really do think Jen is putting up a front if this article is true. It must of been devastating to lose a match where you were in control. She was indeed in control of that match, and for her to lose it like that will stay with her for a while.

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
Aside from Graf and sanchez-Vicario, I just don't remember marvelling at a player's balance and court coverage to the extent that I do Capriati. I just love watching her, and I certainly believe that she's not through yet - if she doesn't want to be!

I'm sure she'd have beaten Kim, playing at the level she did against Justine in the semi-finals.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.