Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, Jennifer Capriati :angel: requested a Wild Card into the Pilot Pen, and she was granted one. She'll probably be the number three seed, knocking down Hantuchova to 4. Looks like the field is getting a bit deeper in New Haven! :D

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS Cappy!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Who are gonna be the top 2 seeds? I know Linzi, but who is the other? surely Kim isnt playing AGAIN???

ANyway, i would love for Jennifer to pick up a title in the week before the Open>

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tournament basically said that Venus has said no. It starts Friday so I think Jen is the last one. I was actually suprised, but happy. :)

Seedings:
1. Lindsay (4)*
2. Mauresmo (6)*
3. Jen (7)*
4. Hantuchova (8)*
5. Myskina (10)
6. Maleeva (11)
7. Sugiyama 12)
8. Martinez (13)

* gets first round BYE

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Me too Yukon, me too!

Reactions: yukon145

·
Registered
932 Posts
5 top 10 players...oh yea...the Semis and Finals are gonna be as good as the one in Toronto

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
great idea jen! she can so win this too if she is fully healed! :)

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an issue with this. If Capriati is seeded 3, which is what it looks like now, it would most likely be a Davenport/Capriati semi and, if going by seedings, a Mauresmo/Hantuchova semi. If Daniela even got there, Mauresmo would WHOP her, in almost any condition. But I think that the final would not prove to be as great as the DavCap semi.

Any early predictions?

I say DAVENPORT/Capriati semi - 3 TIGHT sets.

MAURESMO/Daniela (or someone who beat her :sad: ) in two easy sets.

DAVENPORT/Mauresmo final

Daniela - I love you girl, but you need to shape up like you were last year. You'll come back.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
why would that be?

The draw is picked at random so there is just as much possibility that Davenport would get Hantuchova and Mauresmo would get Capriati

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
There were three wild cards available for late entrants. One was being held for Venus, onte was being held for Monica and the other was just out there. Since Jennifer has asked for it and got it, that means two wild cards are still available. I don't know if Venus outright said no, but there is little chance that she will be there since she is supposed to use that week to resume training for the USO.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I thought Lindsay's foot/toe was injured. Or does it only flare up against Kim? Who knows whether she'll even play New Haven. Either way, a few rounds here for Jenn is a good prep.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats what I thought. I don't know if it would be very exciting.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I thought the rankings after the toronto tournament were used for the us open?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
great Im do so happy cappys playing hope she can get a big win before to Open to boost her confidence and does nt over do it this week!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts