Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... the Goodyear blimp for bothering her sensitive little ears. :eek: :lol:
=========================
NEW YORK -- Jennifer Capriati's finickiness reached new heights Saturday: She wanted the blimp (Goodyear) hanging over Arthur Ashe Stadium moved.

And that was simply one of her concerns during a tight match at the U.S. Open. She also was bothered by her racket strings, opponent Emilie Loit's style and the weather.

The blimp? Capriati thought it was closer to the court than normal, and found the noise distracting. Still, the three-time major champion persevered, eventually found a comfort zone and pounded out a 6-2, 2-6, 6-2 victory to reach the round of 16.
=========================

I once put down two bottles of Stolichnya and I swore the moon was only 300 feet from the earth.
I guess Jenny drinks the same brand, eh? :lol: :p

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
TeeRexx said:
I once put down two bottles of Stolichnya and I swore the moon was only 300 feet from the earth.
If I put down two bottles of Stoli, I wouldn't be getting up.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
And she did it!!!! :eek: :p ;) :D :)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nemesis - Damn, you have the exclusive photo of Cuss's destruction of the world famed Goodyear blimp. :lol: LOL

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Nemesis said:
And she did it!!!! :eek: :p ;) :D :)

hey that happened in my hometown!

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
TeeRexx said:
If Jenny doesn't like blimps, will daddy's belly be the next target? :eek: :lol:
Try her own belly :rolleyes: :p

I've come to the conclusion with the veteran players that after being on tour for so long, they're used to having things a certain way and want to keep it the way. Agassi gets annoyed when they play music at changeovers. Monica likes her water at a certain temperature. Now it's Cappy and the blimps. I think it's somewhat natural, but what exactly did she expect the ref to do? Shoot down the blimp?

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
If Jen meets up with the tiny belgian she will have to focus on the court. Jen cannot afford to start complaining about cell phones noises, blimps, etc or start yelling at the ball kids.

·
Banned
1,856 Posts
Jenn's lack of focus could be costly; she should concentrate on the task at hand and forget about all the peripheral distractions at the Open...!!! Never let it be said, that, for want of focus, she lost sight on the world...!!!

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cuss's nightmare:

A blimp flying 50 feet over her head, piloted by a captain with a ringing cell phone and a crying baby in his lap. :lol:

·
Registered
820 Posts

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.