Tennis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMO, Justine was not playing all that great. All Jen had to do was close it out on serve. She had too many opportunities to close it out, and Justine was cramping(which is questionable) and Jen still could not come up with any great serves when she was serving for the match.

Jen needs to work on that serve or she should just hang it up. This was a perfect opportunity for her, and she had it in her hands only to choke it away to a player who was far below her best.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Jennifer's serve was fine; she was broken 5 times in 17 service games (if my math is correct). 2 of those 5 games were due to her choking when serving for the match.

It was Justine whose serve wasn't there...

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
all this crap about retiring is ridiculous.

imagine this us open w/o jen? we dont need to be taking out top players. womens tennis is barely competitive as it is.. thats the LAST thing we need to do.

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everytime Jen served for the match she would get broken. She would hold back or make a bad double fault. She was just passive everytime, and her serve was off. Everytime she had it, she let it go.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Jennifer's problem is her head not her serve and its perfectly understandable given the pressure - she ought to get credit for taking back the first set and getting up in the third - there are only so many times you can do that sort of thing in a match - the third time she was just too worn down to get there.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
IMO Jen's serve was fine. It was the cursed WIND who played havoc against Jennifer in the most important games of the 3rd set! Especially at the end and in the tiebreak! :(

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I also gotta agree tho that Jen played CAUTIOUS when she was serving for the matches those times. I mean she hit more balls into the net during those games then the entire match!!

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Julian, I could not understand how she could get so far up and then just serve badly when the match was on the line. :(

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
WTF?? This was one of Jenn's best matches in
a long time. It's pretty lame to suggest that Jenn
should quit.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Greenout said:
WTF?? This was one of Jenn's best matches in
a long time. It's pretty lame to suggest that Jenn
should quit.
Of coz' we don't want Jennifer to retire, she always brings out the most competitive matches against other top players....

BUT... the big question is how big is the damage in Capriati's mentality??? This is just a very devastating loss for her as she has produced her best tennis but still not able to score the victory!!!??? :(

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
harloo said:
Julian, I could not understand how she could get so far up and then just serve badly when the match was on the line. :(

umm... cos it was all mental. isnt that obvious?

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
Let's stop picking on Jenn just because the
Sisters aren't playing. Ok- it's pretty obvious
what this thread is really about. Take your
anti-USO 2003 elsewhere.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
What was clear in that match is that she CAN'T, CAN'T win a big match anymore. Come on, she was leading 5-3 in the second set, 5-2 in the third set, what are her chances now to beat a Williams? To beat 2 tops players in a row in a slam?
yes i agree. she really needs to work on her confidence and nerves. this match was hers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.